How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I'm going on a road trip along the east coast and I'm concerned with the reports I've seen that ...
    esv007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen?

Hi,
    I'm going on a road trip along the east coast and I'm concerned with the reports I've seen that we've got the #1 most stolen car!

Can someone advise what one can do to the escalade to help prevent it from being stolen?

Will the club help? Or will that entice people? I'm am looking for device or option items and not suggestions on don't park in a bad area etc.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen?

best thing to do is get mobile guardian, and or lo-jack. imo mobile guardian is better. but whatever. You should look into an anti theft device, uh the club really doesnt work because of the thiefs have lock freezer they can just freeze it and break it. in a matter of a minute or 2. Another thing to do is what i use even though it does sound really cheap and retarded, I basically purchased about a 5 foot chain (rubber coated) and i wrap it from the steering wheel to the brake, and use an "un-breakable" lock to lock it up whenever im at the mall. considering my old 05 had been stolen twice in a matter of 2 months at the mall I got fed up. another thing also, that i noticed is that the thiefs had both use some kind of jamming device to jam the key hole on the driver door, a good idea is to basically and simply shave the key hole, you can take off the handle piece your self and put a slab of bondo over it and have it painted or take it to ur local body shop and have them do it. And obviously dont park for extended periods of time at the mall, or in obviously bad neighborhoods. When it comes down to it. If someone wants to steal your car that bad, they'll find a way to take it but if you can put as many obstacles that you can and make it as hard as possible for someone to steal your car then you tried your best i guess. And i believe the 07 escalade is not the most stolen vehicle i believe its the 02-06 models. But who knows.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

You may only park your vehicle for 2 minutes and come back to find it stolen. You may park in the most well lit area and still get hit. I endorse the H&P method of Escalade theft prevention (hope and pray)...it works for me.

Seriously, LoJack and similar devices will only give you hope of recovering your vehicle after it's stolen. I believe one of the best things to prevent vehicle theft is some kind of fuel cut off switch or ignition cut off switch. Some have had these things custom installed, and there are some comercialy available devices like this:

http://www.autosportcatalog.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=53

When you park for any period of time remove the green knob from the channel. It allows the basic electronics like the radio to maintain the time, pre-programmed radio stations, etc, but won't allow the vehicle to start. IMHO using both a fuel cut off switch and a battery disconnect would give you the best odds.

While I've never personally created or installed a fuel cut of switch I bet it wouldn't be too hard to fab up. God bless Google:

http://www.teamdelsolwa.com/howto/fuelcutoff.htm
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

sscruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by esv007
    Hi,
    I'm going on a road trip along the east coast and I'm concerned with the reports I've seen that we've got the #1 most stolen car!

Can someone advise what one can do to the escalade to help prevent it from being stolen?

Will the club help? Or will that entice people? I'm am looking for device or option items and not suggestions on don't park in a bad area etc.

Thanks
    i can't remember the name of the lock i use but it locks the brake pedal against the floor, it's very hard to remove, can't pry it off because you have no room down there, the only thing that took it out was a small 4" electric cut-offf tool(you're basically cutting it). i misplaced my key so i had to cut. even with the grinder it took a while to cut thru it. i bought it from kragen for $65. it also uses the special key, the round looking one.
    hope this helps

The mobile guardian looks interesting.. How much was it to install and what are other fees? Problem is looks like I have to go to a Dodge dealer near me to install it. That' would be strange!

I've read also here about a break lock?

Lastly, I know my dealer sales man said I could just pop the fuel pump fuse, but that would be a pain to pop hood, lift fuse box cover, remove fuse (hopefully not lose fuse) and repeat process when I want to leave.

Any comments on this: http://www.thewitness.net/

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I have something like this. Its chrome and they say it’s unbreakable. I got at Pep Boys for 45.00. Plus I have the Viper pager alarm.
    http://www.autobarn.net/autolockpro.html

wht2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Escalade

keep it in your garage!!!!

BG 03 ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question Re: How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen?

Quote Originally Posted by jrs02caddyext
    I have something like this. Its chrome and they say it’s unbreakable. I got at Pep Boys for 45.00. Plus I have the Viper pager alarm.
    http://www.autobarn.net/autolockpro.html

Do you hafta move the pedals towards you everytime you lock it? I only ask cuz I did a little trial and it seemed more secure with the padals moved all the way towards the seat.

Guyz1996deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

You should get an alarm and gap insurance. When someone steals it you get a new one. I had 126db cones put under my hood, rear bumper, and under the dash. If the person wants to steal it all he will have to say in court is WHAT. Inside of the truck get loud pretty quick....

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by wht2000
    keep it in your garage!!!!
    Thant will work.

EXT_Vegas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Knowing from experience, If they want your vehicle, they will take your vehicle. It takes approximately 40 seconds to back a tow truck up to your car, hook the cable to the tow hook or rear end and drag your vehicle up to the deck. I had 2 alarms on my show truck and someone wanted it more than me. I am going to have a GPS tracking system with satellite visual and remote access which can set a perimeter fence for alert, remote ignition shut off from my cellular smartphone and numerous other features. Here in Vegas they are stealing vehicles from the garages. Nothing is safe. I'm keeping this vehicle. I found this system on the internet, as you can tell I've been doing my homework. As you may know from numerous news reports, the Escalade is the top vehicle stolen.

zeetree is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV & 03 DeVille

(Dumb question) Since the first year of On-Star is included with all new 07's, isn't this as reliable as Lo-Jack etc. in the event of a theft on one?

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

i just use the club. nothing else works as good. the escaladeis very easy to steal all you need is a screw driver. there is no immobilizer key on a 60,000 $ vehicle, thats why its the #1 most stolen car cause gm wants to ccharge 60 grand for a car that can be started with a screw driver.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Honestly, I just watch where I park. If I am going to a resturant, I will have the car nearby where I can see it or up front with valet. I keep it somewhere by lots of people. I know that no one is going to try anything when it is sitting by large amounts of people. I know there are a bunch of alarm companies out there that are great, but I believe that I am the best security feature. I have the stock alarm and no one has ever made their way into my Escalade. I would simply say to be careful.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.