How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; i use the club and its kept thieves out twice they tried to steal the vehicle but couldnt remove the ...
    Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

Re: How to keep your 07 Escalade from being stolen?

i use the club and its kept thieves out twice they tried to steal the vehicle but couldnt remove the club, plus i live in One of the best cities for fighting in the whole united states, Brooklyn, NY so the #1 stolen car in the #1 city for stolen vehicles and its been safe for 2 years. a couple break ins, they stole the 3rd row and tried to steal other things but the way i look at it better to steal a chair then to steal the whole car. i wish they would though it would end my misery with this peice of junk of a truck.

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by zeetree
    (Dumb question) Since the first year of On-Star is included with all new 07's, isn't this as reliable as Lo-Jack etc. in the event of a theft on one?
    OnStar can be disable by the removal of the antenna(at least for the 02s-06s) From what I have read onstar is worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Uria702
    I wish they would though it would end my misery with this peice of junk of a truck.
    Why donít you get rid of it since you hate it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by jrs02caddyext
    OnStar can be disable by the removal of the antenna(at least for the 02s-06s) From what I have read onstar is worthless.

[size=3][size=2]
    Why donít you get rid of it since you hate it so much?
    i wish i could get rid of it. im stuck in a lease for another year and the only people who offer to take over the lease want to payt only $300 a month i pay 649 and have the truck fully loaded with every feature available. trust me i will never buy another american buit vehicle again.

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

trust me i will never buy another american buit vehicle again.
    So foreign built cars/trucks don’t get stolen?

The reason Escalades are the most stolen SUV is because it is the most popular SUV. No one will steal something that they can't sell or something that there is no market for. That’s why Honda and Toyota cars also top the list every year.

If lots of people buy it..........then lots of people will want to steal it!

There are 5 years worth of 02-06 escalades out there on the roads. The trucks are built well so they will hold up for some time. In typical auto maker fashion, a lot of parts carry over from model year to model year. Last time I checked Escalade parts are not that cheep. So for someone who paid $20K for that 02 Escalade with 150K miles on it....when a part breaks, they go take it to the dealership to find out that it will cost $4K-$6K to get it fixed!

Most of the 02-06 escalades stolen are chopped for their parts. This trend will continue as long as there are an abundant amount of them on the roads. If you look at the "top stolen" lists every year, you will still see 1990's model Acura’s, Hondas, and Toyota’s still on the list. This is because people are still driving them and people will need parts for them. So the market for their stolen parts is still lucrative.

Here is the most stolen list from the National Insurance Crime Bureau
    by model year (6 out of the 10 are foreign)

1. Honda Civic (1995)
    2. Toyota Camry (1989)
    3. Honda Accord (1991)
    4. Dodge Caravan (1994)
    5. Chevrolet C/K 1500 (1994)
    6. Ford F-150 (1997)
    7. Dodge Ram Pickup (2003)
    8. Acura Integra (1990)
    9. Toyota Pickup (1988)
    10. Nissan Sentra (1991)

Here is the article: http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....d=2891&src=Ins

vietfob714 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT

wow 2003 dodge ram ... almost got that car...

kappa-lac, false, the reason the cadillac escalade is the most stolen vehicle is cause its so easy to steal, a 5 year old honda whose original msrp was 25,000 is worth more then a 5 year old cadillac whose original msrp was 60,000. it is FACT that it is very easy to steal an esacalade, all ui need is a screw driver. the lock is easy to break, there is no transponder key. and the most stolen vehicles that are hondas are from the 80's and early ninties

the reason why is GM and all other american automakers are so far behind the competitors is their ignorance, ignorance isnt bliss in the automotive industry. 2006 vehicles with 1986 technology just wont cut it. any vehicle with a msrp of 60,000 should have much more safety and anti theft features. the fact that a theif can steal my escalade in about 30 seconds, but cant steal my wifes volkswagen passat whose msrp is 1/3 the price of the escalade is ridiculous. i mean even the 07's dont have transponder keys, dont have alarm systems. even a 15,000 honda has a transponder key. its ridiculous,. gm needs to straighten out

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The '07 has a key deterrent system called PassKey III. It disables the fuel system. The previous years supposed had an earlier design, but it seems it wasn't that great.

Dave

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

kappa-lac, false, the reason the cadillac escalade is the most stolen vehicle is cause its so easy to steal, a 5 year old honda whose original msrp was 25,000 is worth more then a 5 year old cadillac whose original msrp was 60,000. it is FACT that it is very easy to steal an esacalade, all ui need is a screw driver. the lock is easy to break, there is no transponder key. and the most stolen vehicles that are hondas are from the 80's and early ninties
    Com'on Uria get your facts straight..... A 5 year old Honda will not be worth more than an escalade of the same year. The escalade will be double what the Honda will be. TURE, the 02-06 escalades are easy to steal, but they are the most stolen because they are the most popular. Thatís why there are so many Lades on the road. The Pontiac Aztec has the same Locking structure as the escalade...but are they stolen often???? Heck no! Because that truck is uglier than a baboon's azz! The escalade is popular and so are Hondas!

So, the moral to this story is........

If you donít want your car stolen......drive an Aztec!

strykr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

toneman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the reason why is GM and all other american automakers are so far behind the competitors is their ignorance, ignorance isnt bliss in the automotive industry. 2006 vehicles with 1986 technology just wont cut it. any vehicle with a msrp of 60,000 should have much more safety and anti theft features. the fact that a theif can steal my escalade in about 30 seconds, but cant steal my wifes volkswagen passat whose msrp is 1/3 the price of the escalade is ridiculous. i mean even the 07's dont have transponder keys, dont have alarm systems. even a 15,000 honda has a transponder key. its ridiculous,. gm needs to straighten out
    Well, apparently that--and the fact that it's the most-stolen vehicle--hasn't kept many folks from wanting to buying Escalades...just goes to show that ignorance isn't necessarily bliss only in the auto industry...

LemonTwist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

So we should buy cars that aren't desirable so they won't get stolen ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.