Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, A few problems with my 07 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; well, not to sound like i hate my truck, i really like it but theres some things that are starting ...
well, not to sound like i hate my truck, i really like it but theres some things that are starting to piss me off haha.
1. the gas tank meter fluctuates A LOT. I can turn off my truck and it'll say 65miles left, and turn it back on and say 100 miles left. Its starting to get on my nerves because when it says FUEL LEVEL LOW, i can turn it off and it'll be on 1/4 tank. so i dont know when im about to run out of gas.
2. i have some gearing problems, i feel the gears having trouble shifting sometimes, or i'll get a slight shift ...(yes even on premium.)....
3. sometimes my Service Stabilitrack or Service Suspension system lights will come on, and nothing is in the car except for me. And im on an even road.
4. you cant watch dvd's or dial on your phone unless ur in park , well the phone has a speed limit exception of i think 5mph.
5. dont know excatly what it was, but i was on a hill, put it in park and put on my parking brake and turned it off. Suddenly the truck sounded like it shifted out of park by it self and the truck moved back about 4-5 inches, it was a really loud noise. it scared me a bit because, how could something like that happen? i was just hoping it wouldnt roll down the hill.
6. damn gas mileage, im averaging 11 mpg driving normal speeds.
im thinking about taking it in for my problems 1,2,3 and 5 cuz their scaring me a bit. anyone else having problems?
It is illegal in all 50 states and 11 Canadian provinces to have real time video (i.e. TV broadcast, VHS, DVD video) in view of the driver. The whole reasoning is the driver will be distracted by the constant moving objects of the screen. Of course you can buy a module that will bypass this by tricking your car into thinking it's in park when your actually not but by law GM cannot sell you a truck that will play DVD's while in drive.
As far as gas meter fluctuation, it happens. I mean anything from weather to how fast your driving will affect the gauge including your computer that tells you many miles you have left. I would take it in to the dealer and have them check out your sensors. Again most of the problems your having with service lights etc. tend to have to do with faulty sensors. Just take it in to have it serviced while your still under warranty.
As far as gas mileage, it's a 6.2L 400 hp car that weighs 5000lbs. Make sure you do your break-in, oil changes, take it easy with the gas pedal. Over time the gas mileage should get better as your car break's-in granted you take care of your car.
I can clarify no.4 point on the phone issue. YOU CAN dial the phone when in drive but you have to be STOPPED! The keypad will light up for you to dial.
This is basically the only thing you can do when in drive.
What I don't agree with is what is the difference between a moving NAV screen and a moving DVD picture? I can say that someone who is stupid to watch a dvd while driving is the same as a person watching his nav screen while driving. The average person will (GLANCE) at the screen thus, I DO not agree with the theory of blocking the DVD from playing. I also don't agree with the theory of not allowing NAV to be reporgrammed for a destination and even more so when you have a passenger who can't even do it.
But who are we? Persons who can't change how the process is.
There's also the fact that real time video is a distraction to other drivers as well. Although they are both dangerous, watching a movie is by far more dangerous than nav screens especially with voice nav. The most dangerous part of nav is inputing your destination which should be done prior to starting your car. Other than that, nav is just arrows and voice commands.