Any 07 owner install the Volant air intake?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Any 07 owner install the Volant air intake? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Did any of 07 owners here bought the Volant air intake and installed it?...
    hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Any 07 owner install the Volant air intake?

Did any of 07 owners here bought the Volant air intake and installed it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Standard is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Any 07 owner install the Volant air intake?

Is it out yet. I would also like to know if anyone has it.

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yes - it is out. I ordered mine from stillen.com last week. Total charge whith shipping was $342.

The only problem is that i dont have a vehicle to put it in, haha. My EXT is "in transit".

Another problem is that i am going to install the Volant right after i get the truck so i wont be able to give you a good "before" and "after" report.

I will tell you what i think about it though.

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well from what i hear Volant is a waste of money ( sad to say considering i have one in my 02) ........but theres a new company i believe its called Tru-Flow? they basically took the designs of offroading trucks and dirt bikes and all that stuff. They use a foam filter instead of a gause filter like all other intakes, foam keeps more dirt out and more air in. The price is actually less than other intakes, i believe my friend paid 200 for one for his f-150. They dont give you any piping, its all your stock install except the filter and they give you a new intake snorkel thing. In my opinion it is so much more of a deal than a volant or whatever because with aftermarket intakes, the most expensive part is the Tubing or Piping leading to your throttle body, and you will not gain any horsepower with the piping, the main thing that works is the cold air box, but wait. look at your escalade engine, it has a cold air intake box on it stock. so really your paying for something you already have.

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

F'n thanks alot!!!!!!!!

Why didnt you just come out and call me a dumbass????? (im kidding).

That is the first i have heard of that. I have talked to many people on this and the GM forum and they all swear by the Volant, they said it is the best and that they would recommend it to anybody.

Oh well, its too late now, i have already bought it

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have had a few Volant air intake's, it's the best one I have seen yet, I have had several K&N's and the Volant looks more like stock, and does not make a much noise.

hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

A good air intake always give you little more power, but let your engine run more smoothly when you step on the gas padel.

I had K&N typhon put in my 300C and Varam (spell right?) air intake in my Silverado SS.

BTW, just sold my 300C yesterday to Carmax. Only has 8000 miles, no chance to drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.