Type of gas for your 07
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Type of gas for your 07 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Can anyone please give me feedback on what "type" of gas you use for your Escalade??? My husband and I ...
    bblucero is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Type of gas for your 07

Can anyone please give me feedback on what "type" of gas you use for your Escalade??? My husband and I just got our 2007 Escalade and the sales person we purchased the truck from said "do not use super gas only use regular." What have you guys been using??? When you pay $70k for a truck your not really concerned about a few extra dollars for better gas...Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Type of gas for your 07

This vehicle's manufacturer recommendation is premium. The compression ratio is a bit higher than other GM engines. Having said that, the computer senses when the engine is knocking, and adjusts accordingly.

I've heard a momentary pinging when stomping on it, while using regular. However, when I'm towing on the weekeends, I fill it with Premium.

Dave

07slade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

I use premium, but I think it might be a waste of money, I may switch back to regular soon, I'll tell you what happens when I do.

bblucero is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thank you guys for your replies! We have been using premium just to be on the safe side.

Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

When I picked my 07 up the dealer filled my truck up with regular and told me that it was fine to use all of the time. I have been alternating between regular and mid-grade. I haven't noticed any difference. The 07 truck still seams a lot more peppier than my 04...and all I used in it was premium.

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

the dealer told me when i bought my truck that the 07's come with a special filter that allows you to use regular all the time if you so choose. so am i the only one that has heard this? i still use regular cuz thats what the guy told me to use.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

premium

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think your dealer was trying to make himself sound like he knows what he is talking about. How can this "special filter" boost the octane level in the fuel????????

My dealer said always use premium, that is what the manual calls for and that is what he would suggest. He said what i choose to do once it leaves the lot is my choice, but they fill them with premium before they leave the lot.

boatmanea is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): White diamond '04 Escalade AWD

I have to echo 2007EXT4ME on that. Nothing will 'boost" octane. All those octane boosting products and MPG pumpers are total bunk. Believe what you want, but the research has been done by third parties.

I would look at the manual (yes, RTFM) and see what the manufacturer reccomends. I have been using regular in my '04 since I bought it without any issues. All you are doing by using premium or super is spending more money for very little gain (MAYBE 0.1 to 0.2 MPG and a little less knocking).

LemonTwist is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV 2007

I would be interested to know what octane level the '07 manual says.

According to my dealer and the brochure; the 07 calls for Premium

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 2007EXT4ME
    I think your dealer was trying to make himself sound like he knows what he is talking about. How can this "special filter" boost the octane level in the fuel????????

My dealer said always use premium, that is what the manual calls for and that is what he would suggest. He said what i choose to do once it leaves the lot is my choice, but they fill them with premium before they leave the lot.
    What are you talking about??? No one on this thread said anything about a filter that boosts octane, you just made that up.

Regardless, you dont need a special anything, the difference is octane levels, not how dirty the gasoline is.

What am i talking about?????? Go back to the first page and look and you will see what i am talking about. I didnt make anything up.

They said their dealer told them that the Escalade has a special filter that allows them to run regular fuel all the time.

The dealer doesnt know what he is talking about. The engine has a high compression ratio, that is why it requires premium fuel...it has nothing to do with the filter. So since the fuel is needed for the increased octane level and the dealer says you dont need premium fuel because of some "special filter"; i asked how can this special filter raise the octane level...the reason for the premium fuel.

You need to be able to "read between the lines". Pfffft

CadillacGrillz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2 escalade 07

im using regular and it feels fine to me

ALLeyez187onME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

alrite to clear things up, i said the dealer said you can use regular because theirs a filter that allows you to use it. NEver said it boosted your octane level. But do u know why its true? try running your 02-06 on premium, then run it on regular and tell me if you feel a difference. Then if you have an 07 run it on premium, then regular. You will notice NO difference. the 02-06's are not allowed to run on regular, my mom accidentally put regular in my truck and i had to drive on a full tank with my engine acting retarded, it felt shakey and less powerful. with the 07 i have run it on regular and premium and not notice a difference in power or responsiveness.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.