Where is my EXT????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Where is my EXT???? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Can anyone help me find out the status of my EXT? My order was placed 2 months ago, as soon ...
    2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question Where is my EXT????

Can anyone help me find out the status of my EXT?

My order was placed 2 months ago, as soon as my dealer was given his allocation and Cadillac started accepting orders for the EXT. I have my order confirmation and order number. My order was placed as a "retail-SOLD" vehicle.

I ordered it Black with Ebony interior and every available option, DVD, Nav, Sunroof etc. The only option i didnt select was the factory 22s. I have a set of custom 24s on the way to my dealer now to wait on my truck to show up.

Does anyone have any information on the EXTs? I have heard that some Escalades are delayed because of a shortage of 22s and Nav units. I wish i could find out SOMETHING on my truck, even if it isnt what i want to hear.

The only info my dealer has given me was that my EXT is being built in Arlington TX.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GoSooners is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Where is my EXT????

I think your dealer gave you wrong information. I THINK, but am not certain, that the EXTs and ESVs are built in Mexico.

Yeah, after some researching...i think you might be right. I think they are made in Mexico and the most regular Escalades are built in Arlington.

I started this thread in another forum that was supposed to be for an open discussion and questions for Cadillac Executives...it was automatically redirected over here.

It wasnt supposed to post in this forum. If any of you guys could help me with this...i figure you would have by now.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Mine has been on order for 12 weeks tomorrow, good thing I don't need a truck.

lol...i know. It is almost disheartening. The only thing keeping me from being pissed off and saying "to hell with it" and buying something else is that my dealer really has no control over it.

I do however, feel like he should be able to tell me SOMETHING. I mean, surely a corperation like Cadillac keeps tabs on things like this. I mean, somebody should be able to tell me "the frame is finished" or "they are installing the interior now, should be a couple more weeks" or "it is finished except for the Nav unit and it is on backorder"...just tell me SOMETHING. I am an impatient person by nature and i cant stand sitting here without any information at all.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 2007EXT4ME
    I started this thread in another forum that was supposed to be for an open discussion and questions for Cadillac Executives...it was automatically redirected over here.

It wasnt supposed to post in this forum. If any of you guys could help me with this...i figure you would have by now.
    i sent you a PM about this

The only PM i got was the one from a moderator telling me that my thread was moved to this forum. Is that the PM you are talking about? If not and you have some information for me...please resend. If it is good info, i will supply you my email address......

Thanks

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i moved your thread and sent you a PM about it.
    this thread is best kept here, not in open letters to corporate.
    thanks

Hmmm...ok.

I wanted it to go to corperate for a reason. I want them to see that it is unacceptable that my truck has been on order almost 10 weeks and i know nothing. I am not talking about a Geo. With a sticker price of 60k...any and all information regarding my order should be at my fingertips.

I cannot fathom Cadillac not having the technology and information resources to supply dealers and/or individuals with real time updates of their respective orders.

FINALLY got an update from my dealer.

Just yesterday he found out that my EXT will be finished this week and will be heading home!

As far as the production, yes - they initiate production in Arlington TX and then the EXTs are sent to Mexico for final assembly.

It should be here around the 1st or 2nd week of June.

Shewwwwwww

redlineshifter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My ESV was made in Arlington....2007 model.

RANGER 66 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

That is good news. Maybe mine is being built now also! Let us know how everything works out.

RLTW

Hey Ranger,

I will do that! I was wondering if you saw this post about my truck will finally be heading home this/next week.

My 24s are schedule to arrive at the dealer today and he is going to install them as soon as my truck gets there.

I will post some pics as soon as i can.

RANGER 66 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

2007EXT I saw your post and I got excited for you and me. Definitely shoot me some pictures of the truck. I plan on sticking with the "22"'s either the factory ones or the ones on my current truck. I might be tempted to take a step up based on your pictures. Good Luck with the truck. I need to be hearing something soon myself.

RLTW

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.