Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My 2007 Escalade got ordered on 4/24. I was wondering how long I can expect before it comes in? How ...
    tw0053 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade

My 2007 Escalade got ordered on 4/24. I was wondering how long I can expect before it comes in? How long has it taken for other people? I saw in another post that hcvone has already been waiting 11 weeks for his.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade

The funny thing is I order two, both white, one tan and one black interior, two day apart from each other, the one with tan interior was here in 6 weeks, and Tuesday will be 12 weeks for the other Good thing I was not in a hurry

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I placed the order for my EXT sometime around the middle of May...as soon as they started accepting them (i dont have the order confirmation with me to give you the exact date). I STILL dont have my truck and i STILL dont even have an idea of when it will be here.

Mine is black/black with every option except the 22s (i have custom wheels headed to the dealer now). It has been over 2 months on mine and it is nowhere in sight.

I told the dealer to let me know SOMETHING...even if it isnt what i want to hear. Tell me they are delayed because of parts or the assembly line broke down or it will arrive in another month, any news is better than no news.

oh well...patience is a virtue..i just dont have any.

Is there a shortage on some parts or anything that is causing delays?

CDBLU is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I placed an order on March 31, 2006 but the order was accepted by GM on April 21, 2006. I was provided with an order number. I was told by the dealer that it will be 6-8 weeks to get the escalade....well today is the sixth week and no escalade in sight. I was also told that GM had a parts shortage...namely since I ordered the 22" wheels that is proving to be very popular. There is more demand for the 22"s than supply...

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There has been some comments on the Tahoe/Yukon forums that there is a shortage of Navigation Radios. This is supposedly holding up production by weeks on those ordered with Nav.

Note that the model used in the Chev/GMC "look" different, because the screen is smaller. However, I don't know if they are talking about a single unit item that includes the screen, or if it is a modular system that is common among the 3 lines (Chev/Yuk/Cad).

Dave

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

The wheels are holding my order up, that was on Tuesday, I was told that GM planned on 15% of the Escalade's getting 22's, and the number ordered so far was closer to 40%.

Hmmm, then i wonder what the holdup is on my EXT. I didnt get the 22s, i did get Nav though. I dont even know where in the production process my truck is and it is pissing me off! Supposedly the ESV is already showing up on some lots...i wish somebody could give me some scoop on the EXTs...good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by CDBLU
    I placed an order on March 31, 2006 but the order was accepted by GM on April 21, 2006. I was provided with an order number. I was told by the dealer that it will be 6-8 weeks to get the escalade....well today is the sixth week and no escalade in sight. I was also told that GM had a parts shortage...namely since I ordered the 22" wheels that is proving to be very popular. There is more demand for the 22"s than supply...
    I have a copy of the order forms saying mine was ordered on 4/24. Would this order have been accepted by GM then? How does it work as far GM accepting orders?

tw0053:
    First, the dealer types in the order for a 2007 Retail Cadillac Escalade 4dr AWD 6K10706. The dealer should have given you these sheets, it is about four pages long. Next, GM coporate, has to look at what you ordered and decide if your dealer has allocation for Escalades. Next, if the dealer has allocation, then an order # from GM is issued to your dealer which in turn, should give it to you, to prove that your order is processed. Next, is the waiting game....the factory has to get those parts to put your Escalade together. So, if they have all the parts then your Escalade should be built shortly. But if, like me, there is a shortage on the 22" wheels then I will have to wait. There is also talk on the forums that there were about 5600 orders on file that need to be built....

CDBLU,

I have two sets of papers from the dealer. One is an order form that details the options I got and the different pricing (MSRP, Invoice, GMS, etc). The other papers I have say preliminary order detail and have an order number. It also has the order detail and there is a field called Current Event that says "1100 - Preliminary Order Accepted". Would this mean my order has been accepted by GM.

tw0053:
    What options did you order??? please list them...
    I ordered everything except the Navigation Radio and engine block heater...my MSRP is $63615.00
    It seems a lot of orders are being held up because of the 22" wheels and now I hear the Navigation Radio...

Quote Originally Posted by CDBLU
    tw0053:
    What options did you order??? please list them...
    I ordered everything except the Navigation Radio and engine block heater...my MSRP is $63615.00
    It seems a lot of orders are being held up because of the 22" wheels and now I hear the Navigation Radio...
    I ordered the information package, climate package, power relase 2nd row seats. I didn't opt for the 22s because I wanted the 18s for the winter and I want purchase my own 22s. I did opt for a 2nd row bench seat and the 2 passenger 3rd row.

Do you think what I posted before indicates that my order has been accepted by GM?

Quote Originally Posted by tw0053
    I ordered the information package, climate package, power relase 2nd row seats. I didn't opt for the 22s because I wanted the 18s for the winter and I want purchase my own 22s. I did opt for a 2nd row bench seat and the 2 passenger 3rd row.

Do you think what I posted before indicates that my order has been accepte
    d by

GM?
    Yes tw0053, your order has been accepted. Now, you have to bug your dealer weekly to see when and if your escalade will go to production. I have been bugging my dealer weekly to see what if any progress there is...like I said before, it is the waiting game....

I am in the same waiting game for my EXT...and have been for 2 months now. It is very aggravating. I was completely satisfied with my current truck until i ordered my EXT...now i dont want to drive it anymore, haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.