Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by CDBLU Yes tw0053, your order has been accepted. Now, you have to bug your dealer weekly to ...
    tw0053 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Wait Time For An Ordered Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by CDBLU
    Yes tw0053, your order has been accepted. Now, you have to bug your dealer weekly to see when and if your escalade will go to production. I have been bugging my dealer weekly to see what if any progress there is...like I said before, it is the waiting game....
    My dealer told me he would contact me when he got an allocation date. Is this the date the vehicle is supposed to arrive at the dealership? Also, is the order status consistently updated so they would know when it goes into production?

CDBLU is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by tw0053
    My dealer told me he would contact me when he got an allocation date. Is this the date the vehicle is supposed to arrive at the dealership? Also, is the order status consistently updated so they would know when it goes into production?
    tw0053:

On a previous post you said that you had a preliminary order detail and an order number. Now, you say you stealer still has to wait for an allocation date...you need to ask your stealer if he has allocation for escalades. I think you meant to say a production date, right? My stealer is also waiting for a production date. I just emailed my stealer to see if I could cancel the order because of the wait. I asked him for my deposit back if the escalade was not built yet. I found three escalades here in Southern California and will call to see if they accept the GM supplier discount. Those three escalades are on the lot....

Quote Originally Posted by CDBLU
    tw0053:

On a previous post you said that you had a preliminary order detail and an order number. Now, you say you stealer still has to wait for an allocation date...you need to ask your stealer if he has allocation for escalades. I think you meant to say a production date, right? My stealer is also waiting for a production date. I just emailed my stealer to see if I could cancel the order because of the wait. I asked him for my deposit back if the escalade was not built yet. I found three escalades here in Southern California and will call to see if they accept the GM supplier discount. Those three escalades are on the lot....

The dealer said he had allocation and I have the papers showing the vehicle was ordered, but the dealer told me he would call me when he got an allocation date. Maybe he misspoke. I will have to call him tomorrow to find out exactly what is going on.

CDBLU is offline Cadillac Owners Member

tw0053:
    Just got word that my Escalade, loaded except for Navigation, has been built and shipped out from Arlington, TX.
    Here is my time line.....

March 31, 2006 wrote up order with stealership
    April 21, 2006 order accepted by GM
    May 10, 2006 Escalade is built
    May 13, 2006 threaten stealership to cancel order
    May 15, 2006 got call from stealership that Escalade was built on
    May 10 and should arrive May 23....

My stealership had allocation and said that "sold, retail orders go to the head of the built process". So my 22" wheels must have been taken off another Escalade.

CDBLU,

That's great. Only one more week. I talked to my dealer yesterday and expects to get what he calls an allocation date (the date the truck is being built and when it should arrive) some time within the next week. I have also heard before that sold orders get priority. Hopefully, if there is any shortages on the nav system, my truck will get it over others.

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I FINALLY found out that my EXT will be finished this week and headed to Tennessee. Delivery time is 14-21 days (i cant figure that one out...maybe it takes a while to get through customs or something) Hell, i could go get it myself and have it back home in 3-4 days. Anyway, worst case scenario puts my EXT home on/around June 11th. That will be almost exactly 3 months from the time i placed my order until the time i accepted delivery.

AWF_AXIS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was told by a dealer that delivery is a logistical challenge.

1. Completed vehicles get grouped into trainloads going into a general direction, i.e., to a central drop point that handles dealers in TN.

2. Once enough vehicles are going there, a rail pick-up is made.

3. Once dropped into the distribution center that services your dealer, a schedule is created for a truck-delivery.

4. Enough vehicles must be going at one time before such a pick-up by truck driver is scheduled.

This sounds like it could be made better, but if you think about it, its about as good as its going to get.

Dave

Wow Dave, that sucks. I didnt know it was such a hassle. The only good thing is that i am in Brazil and i wont be home until June 5th anyway. If i was home, i would tell them that i will make a road trip and go get it, lol.

bblucero is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My husband and I ordered our 2007 Escalade towrds the end of Feb and it came on April 24th. It's a great car and worth the wait!!!

07slade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

I saw a truck load of ext's today, too bad I didn't have my cam out in time..

Awwwwwww 07slade, you gotta be quicker on the draw than that!!!

I expect better results next time.

(wink)

07slade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

sorry guys..if my purse wasn't so damn cluttered....grrrr

Mine is "in transit" now. When it gets to the dealership i will have him take some pics and send to me and i will post them (i wont be home from Brazil until the 5th of June).

Since i cant depend on 07slade because of her overly cluttered purse, looks like that will be the only way i will be able to see one.

hehe

Chris

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We have all seen those EXT pics from cadillac.com, put your 24"s on and then take the pics man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.