Which exhaust for 07 Escalade?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Which exhaust for 07 Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; There's only one company coming out the pipe for 07 Escalade - BBTriflow in Phoenix. And there is one guy ...
    hog4oc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Which exhaust for 07 Escalade?

There's only one company coming out the pipe for 07 Escalade - BBTriflow in Phoenix. And there is one guy in ebay selling something that don't know who produce them.

What do you guys think? The BBtriflow is side exit, but I was thinking split to two at the back.

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Which exhaust for 07 Escalade?

Dave, I have B&B exhaust on a few Corvette's, they make a nice system. I have a B&B set waiting to put my 07', but will probably change it out to Corsa once their system comes out. Borla will probably offer duals, I know they were looking for a truck to test fit their system on

scottyv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Won't give you any performance gains that are significant if any at all. The
    restriction isn't the muffler as much as the y-piping.

Hopefully it would generate a little growl, & if thats all you want.

The 07's have big factory piping & only duals would really be a helper in performance & this is expensive & a lot of custom bending work because of the limited space to do duals on this vehicle.

I had a cat back corsa on my 03 escalde & was disappointed, it really wasn't that noticble & never had any deep sound to speak of.

Magnaflow will have one soon they have it listed already (see below)

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...7&cat=Escalade

I am waiting for more options on my 07.

SV

8 hp gain on the dyno with Corsa Touring over stock, the muffler on my 03' was very restrictive. There will be long tube out very soon for the 07', I plan on putting them on as soon as soon as SuperMaxx or The Other Guy comes out with them

I hated the sound on my 03 with the corsa touringon it, not deep enough or aggressive enough.

Yes there may have been a couple hp's on an 03 but as far as 07's it should be minimal unless you go a true dual setup, again the stock is pretty darn beefy as far as diamaters go.

SV

By the way I also had a Radix Magnason supercharger on it I liked it but it never lived up to all the hype or the 5 grand it cost, still it could surprise a lot of sedans

Don't like Magaflow or Flowmaster, they have too much drawn at crusing speed, will wait for Corsa or Borla.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyv
    I hated the sound on my 03 with the corsa touringon it, not deep enough or aggressive enough.

Yes there may have been a couple hp's on an 03 but as far as 07's it should be minimal unless you go a true dual setup, again the stock is pretty darn beefy as far as diamaters go.

SV
    If the exhaust is done correctly it does not matter if it's a single outlet or duals as long as you keep the correct amount of backpressure in the system. Stock mufflers usually steal power, but the 07's seem to make more exhaust noise than earlier Escalade's

Quote Originally Posted by scottyv

SV

You should have got the Sport system if you were looking for more noise, I had that system one for one day and it was just too loud for an Escalade IMO

Escalade4Me is offline Cadillac Owners Member

C'mon Borla!,

Daddy needs a new split exhaust on his 07 slade!

I had Magnaflow on my 300C, too loud at crusing speed, especially when engine changes from 8 cylinder to 4 cylinder mode.

I had Borla cat back at my wife's BMW E60, beatiful sound, she loves it.

I had Corsa on my Silverado SS, great sound when you floor the gas, very quite at crusing speed.

So I will wait for Borla or Corsa.

Flowermaster and Magnaflow are associated with rice cooker cars.

Live to Ride, Ride to Live.

See u at Laughlin this weekend!

Granted, I could have went Corsa sport, but I heard one on an H2 & it was loud, it was snarly loud, not deep and throaty, all the Corsa's I have heard for 6.0 litre setups reagrdless of sport/touring had a barky sound. The sport was barky all the time vs touring only at acceleration.

Corsas are good for no resonance at highway speed but if you want a deep mellow sound, which I think is more appropriate for an Escalade vs pickup, etc, then you'll most likey not enjoy it.

It's all opinions of couse.

SV

agree!

Maybe Borla

njcdc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

got a 07 esv..........got volant cold air intake........do i need more....chip?.does that mess up warranty.....lower ?..need some ideas..thanks

RCJFC888 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Gibson has a clip of an exhaust for the 07 but no pictures yet. Does anybody know where to find a picture of it ? I think I am just going to put a muffler on because the piping is already pretty big and unlike the older escalades the muffler is right at the rear bumper not under the middle of the vehicle.

http://gibsonexhaust.com/sounds/mp3/...de_62L_s35.mp3

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.