07 voice response? Someone explain?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 voice response? Someone explain? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; We need to replace our Navigator and looking at the 07 ESV Escalade. I am really into gadgets. I am ...
    bartturner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

07 voice response? Someone explain?

We need to replace our Navigator and looking at the 07 ESV Escalade. I am really into gadgets. I am interested in a couple of things:

1) I had heard that the Nav was voice response. Is this true? Is anything else voice response? This would be where you could say "Closest Target store" or "cloesest ATM machine". BUt I would also like to say Heater 80 degrees. Or radio station 94.7.

2) Like to hear about IPOD connectivity. Factory? Third party? Would like something similiar to what I have on my BMW.

3) Has there been any talk of adding Blue Tooth to the Escalade for the ESV release later this year.

4) Are there any firm dates on the release of the ESV? We have a trip in August that I would really like the ESV for.

We have seven kids so don't have many choices on what we can purchase for our big car. The Denali, Suburban and Escalade are the right size for us but hate taking such a hit on cool gadgets.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 07 voice response? Someone explain?

1) Not sure about the voice response.

2) There's an iPod/Aux. jack, just not sure where (it's right on the dash in the Tahoe/Yukon).

3) There has been talk of BlueTooth coming, but I would guess not until the earliest as the next model year. As is, it can be added as an accessory of sorts, I've read here.

4) No firm date for the ESV, but expect to start seeing the first ones around April/May on the lots.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Welcome to the Forum. The Nav is voice, and you are suppose to be able to change stations, and from FM to AM, and even tracks on your CD's by voice, that is what I have heard and read, I am waiting for my 07' to be delivered. Blue Tooth later this year, that is what someone had said in another post. I have heard late summer to early fall for release of the ESV

I wanted someone who has an 07 to verify the voice response. I have heard that it is suppose to be able to do this. But wanted to see some verification. What worries me is that Cadillac does not seem to be hyping this capability.

On the IPOD connector. I was looking for more than an AUX connector. I hoped that it had an actual IPOD connector that would allow you actually control the IPOD through the streering wheels, etc. Would also display the song title on the Nav screen. Ideally, the voice response would also be able to control. Similiar to the BMW capabilit (minus voice response). also believe the Mercedes and maybe the Lexus has this.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by bartturner
    On the IPOD connector. I was looking for more than an AUX connector. I hoped that it had an actual IPOD connector that would allow you actually control the IPOD through the streering wheels, etc. Would also display the song title on the Nav screen. Ideally, the voice response would also be able to control. Similiar to the BMW capabilit (minus voice response). also believe the Mercedes and maybe the Lexus has this.
    Actually, I got that a bit confused. It is an iPod connector mainly, and I'm fairly sure that you can control the iPod through the steering wheel controls. I had gotten it mixed up with the slightly different layout of the Tahoe/Yukon.

So, anyone with an '07 or who's been in one, have more specifics on the iPod jack?

Must be some actual 07 Escalade owners that can verify you can talk to your car. Anyone?

I have seen on the forum that some have received their 2007 Escalade. Can someone comment on the voice response capability? I got to assume that if no one can verify the functionality that it is not there.

hornyjuan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Go to the dealer. There's probably only a few guys on this board that actually have an '07...and they're probably having too much fun driving them to look at this board

Alanmaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have had my '07 for a week now and I am just starting to delve a little deeper into the technology. I will spend some time later working with the voice commands. I traded in an '05 SRX and I expect the voice commands to be similar. I will check it out and report back. By the way, this truck is the real deal. Great fit and finish and the rumble of that engine...man it is nice.

PeteESC07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

The voice command on the new Escalade is available to change radio stations, change tracks/discs, dial phone numbers, change some heater/AC settings and limited NAV functions.....it doesn't recognize restaurant names, etc.....not as sophisticated in this area as Acura/Honda's system. There is no I-POD connector, although it does play MP3 discs. There is no Bluetooth feature for now, although it does have On-Star Handfree calling feature--but you have to activate it with a prepaid On-Star calling card or credit card and uses a separate phone number. I LOVE MY TRUCK!

Wow! Thanks for the response. This forum is very helpful. I will also go to the dealer and check out for myself.

With what you explained with the voice response I am sold. I wish it had blue tooth. I would really like to also have voice activated dialing of my phone. Also would love voice activated control of my IPOD. Hopefully before the ESV comes out

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.