Checked out the 07 in person today..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Checked out the 07 in person today.. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Checked out the 07 in person today.. Didn't get to drive it because they just got it on the lot ...
    Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Didn't get to drive it because they just got it on the lot and were closing in 30 minutes. Sat in it, started it up and tinkered with the goodies.
    Will be going back to drive one soon.
    I'm waiting to get the EXT when they come out but here's my thoughts on the 07 Escalade based on what I saw and not being able to drive it..
    My first impression was I didn't know what to think.
    Don't know if I really liked it or didn't like it.
    It was sitting next to an 06... the 06 looked outdated and the 07 looked modern.
    The 06 looked low and wide.
    The 07 looked narrower and taller ...even though the 07 is actually wider and taller.
    I can't say I liked one better than the other now that I finally saw an 07.
    They are both impressive regardless of which one you favor.

This 07 was white...Black is my color ... I like the present model in White Diamond but the white does nothing for the 07.

Interior has an open air feel about it and was definitely more roomier as in ..not cramped... where as my 04 has a more closed.. cockpit feel.
    This 07 had the light interior and it was lacking that rich luxury look and feel.
    I think it would be so much richer looking in Black.
    Also the Wood in the light interior looked like a lot of plastic pieces because the grain of the wood didn't show up.. the grain wasn't very outstanding.
    Had to look hard to see the grain and it was daylight out.

Seats..
    without being able to drive it and test them out for a long period of time.. I have to say my first impression is I think they sucked!
    They are way too flat and the lumbar and side activated cushion things were useless.
    My 04 wraps right around me when I activate them and in the 07 you couldn't even feel them. The just didn't move enough to make any difference.
    The seats seem also narrower by about 4-6 inches.
    Sitting in my 04 I'm settled into the bucket shape and there is still about 3 inches of seat on each side of my leg.
    In the 07.. it's flat and not really a bucket shape and there wasn't any part of the seat sticking out on each side of my legs.

The back seat buckets were about the same as the front seats as I just described.
    But the seats that accommodate a third person into the center were like bleacher seats at the ball park.. totally flat .. back and bottom.. really looked bad.

The front is impressive but not quite as good as it must look in a darker color.
    The sides and back..
    yes... they do look a bit like Fords and all that but..
    The 07 still has a more distinctive look to it even though it may not be as much as the present model when compared to other brand vehicles.

The Navigation screen it Great! and being a Touch screen is Great and the rear view option is really Great.
    The gauges... even though I wish they had more of them...is really Great too with the Blue light up look.. Really sharp.

A big thing was starting up the engine.
    There's no question this thing is powerful from the second it starts and sits there idling.
    Like a 67 Corvette big Block.. it just has this feel and sound ...I liked it and I think any one that gets into one of these will too.. :~)

One new thing I found out when looking through the Brochure they gave me is that the 18 inch rims are different that the 22 inch rims.
    Very similar but different.

Anyway.. those are my thoughts and first impressions.
    I guess I have to wait now for the EXT and see if it impresses me enough to get one or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

Re: Checked out the 07 in person today..

Does Anyone Know If The Rear Windows Go Down All The Way Now?

ldc3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I saw one today also. I'm really unimpressed with the overall look of the exterior. As others have said it looks like a supersized up Envoy. I don't think this design will be around long, I give a couple of years and then it'll be replaced. I do have to say that the factory 22s look nice and fill the wheel well better than I had thought, but other than that, I'm not feeling it.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by jordan00escalade
    Does Anyone Know If The Rear Windows Go Down All The Way Now?
    Doesn't the rear window go all the way down on the EXT? I could have sworn I saw the windows completely down on an EXT, but I could be wrong. If this is true, why did Cadillac set it up so the windows on the EXT are able to go down completely but not on the standard version?

Thanks.

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade
    Doesn't the rear window go all the way down on the EXT? I could have sworn I saw the windows completely down on an EXT, but I could be wrong. If this is true, why did Cadillac set it up so the windows on the EXT are able to go down completely but not on the standard version?

Thanks.
    The rear window isn't power in either the 07 or the present model, it stores in the bottom part of the midgate... imo they should have made it power on the new 07 like the h2 sut

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by Falkolade
    The rear window isn't power in either the 07 or the present model, it stores in the bottom part of the midgate... imo they should have made it power on the new 07 like the h2 sut
    They're talking about in the rear doors...not the Midgate.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade

Thanks.
    On an EXT, yes, they do go down the whole way because an EXT is the same as an ESV/Suburban, without the wheel cutting into the rear door at all.

On the "short" '07s, the wheel still cuts into the door a bit and the rear windows still don't go down the whole way...a bit still sticks up when fully down, because there's no more room inside the door.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    They're talking about in the rear doors...not the Midgate.

On an EXT, yes, they do go down the whole way because an EXT is the same as an ESV/Suburban, without the wheel cutting into the rear door at all.

On the "short" '07s, the wheel still cuts into the door a bit and the rear windows still don't go down the whole way...a bit still sticks up when fully down, because there's no more room inside the door.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I was becomming a little confused with Falkolade's post. I guess that makes sense. I always wondered why my rear windows don't go all the way down on my 2005.

Thanks.

Haleykeek is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Seville STS North*

i like the new Escalade,and if i had the money,i would buy one.my only gripe,though was the fact that Cadillac kept that uninspiring looking column-switch gear lever that it shares with the tahoe/yukon.that thing should've came with a floor-shifter like the SRX.other than that,i like this truck,and would take one over the Navigator anyday.

jordan00escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade, 2002 Deville DTS

It looked like they modified the rear wheel well enough for the window to fully fit in the door with the window down.. I guess this wasn't enough, I thought that was why they modified it in the first place, but oh-well. I finally got an answer after like 3,000,000 posts about if it does or not. lol.. Thanks

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i also took a look at the new 07s and test drove as well. The one I drove was fully loaded with the nav, sunroof etc. I thought it drove the same as my 02. Although I could def feel that 400 hp, and I know that it will be worse on gas than the old generation Escalades. I thought it was new and improved on the inside, not really liking the exterior tho. Maybe I need to get used to it. I also think that it is not worth the sticker price of over 66,000. It should be 54k or whatever the 05 or 06 was when they first came out.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by blingblingcv
    i also took a look at the new 07s and test drove as well. The one I drove was fully loaded with the nav, sunroof etc. I thought it drove the same as my 02. Although I could def feel that 400 hp, and I know that it will be worse on gas than the old generation Escalades. I thought it was new and improved on the inside, not really liking the exterior tho. Maybe I need to get used to it. I also think that it is not worth the sticker price of over 66,000. It should be 54k or whatever the 05 or 06 was when they first came out.
    It should get much better fuel mileage on the highway with lower final drive ratio of the 6 speed. In Oct 2002 my Escalade listed for 59,025.00 without Nav, my 07' with Nav and 22" wheels lists for $65,860.00, that's less than 7 grand more, if you take off on my 07' the 22's and the Info package (Nav) the list price would be $60,860.00 or $1835.00 more than my 03' listed for, and the 07' "should" be a much better truck. My 03' has 27k miles and rides great, but the two 07's I drove rode much better with the new suspension.

susan8921 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I checked one out about 2 weeks ago at a local dealership and it was Radiant Bronze with 22" chrome wheels and it was beautiful. I liked everything about it... except the 67k sticker. ($67,995 to be exact)

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by susan8921
    I checked one out about 2 weeks ago at a local dealership and it was Radiant Bronze with 22" chrome wheels and it was beautiful. I liked everything about it... except the 67k sticker. ($67,995 to be exact)
    How does that color look in person?

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

I saw a Radiant Bronze last week at the dealer. I am not a bronze guy, BUT this truck looked sharp. I like the color.

Ta TownBacker

60 special is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

IMHO, they "Lutzed" it. Bob Lutz is the cheif of design for General Motors. He's also the guy that sold Chrysler to Mercedes Benz. Addiitionally, he's the one that toned down the sharp body lines that were to be on the current generation STS. Thank God that he didn't get to GM before they released the CTS. He would have smoothed that right out of the popularity it enjoys today.

He's had a hand in the new Escalade. You can see it in the side view. There are no longer any body accent lines to break up all that sheet metal. It's just rounded like an Explorer. The muscular, powerful look has been taken away and you now have another nondescript large SUV in its place.

Lastly, Bob is the man behind the now defunct Pontiac GTO. What a waste of a powerful nameplate!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.