Not Good Enough You '07 Owners !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Not Good Enough You '07 Owners ! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi everbody, new guy here. Glad to find y'all. About to drop the hammer on an '07 Esky for the ...
    Scott333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Not Good Enough You '07 Owners !

Hi everbody, new guy here. Glad to find y'all. About to drop the hammer on an '07 Esky for the wife asap with an EXT for me later this year. Was ready to go a year ago but wanted to wait for the model change and the 6 speed tranny.

Sorry to start ragging right off the bat but had to do it. It's nice to hear about all the bling and such but C'MON! Somebody tell me about this new engine and tranny! I MEAN ... for cryin out loud. There has never been a 6 speed tranny in a a US SUV untill this caddy. U'd think somebody would want to talk about it. But NOOOOooooo .... It's all about wheels and sound systems and eye candy.

Are you guys REAL '07 owners or kids playing with daddy's computer? Or am I just an old fa rt old school dinosaur? The sort that puts power and handling above all else.

I have to admit the truck is a looker. I got my brochure a few day ago and was moderately intrigued. I was missing the glue-on panels however. I don't want to drive a tarhoe. But then today I made it down to Covert Caddy in Austin and got to check one out that was there only because it was having something put on. They, like all the reports, are selling them as fast as they come in and have several ordered and prepaid already. The REAL item ... sittin there on it's 22s, big as life ... is breath taking. It's a real 'American' thing though. Not a Eurabian understatement. It rocks! It's blatant. It's scary sexy-scrumptious.

BUT I WANNA HEAR ABOUT THE GUTS OF THIS MACHINE.

So ... you early adopters ( We love ya. Really. Without your reckless abandon we careful folks would be at a loss.) Pullleeeaaasse mash down that foot pedel and throw your baby thru some curves for us. Please. Go find some real elevation and tell us if that tranny really does the trick. tell us it doesn't hunt back and forth form 5th to 6th and that the reportedly bad boy V8 has the torque we need.

Can you help us out? Can you sacrifice a bit for us poor folks who are still driving last year's model ... or worse?

We need you. And we appreciate you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

Re: Not Good Enough You '07 Owners !

you want power and handling go get a sports car.

RobertJoseph17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

you old fart old school dinosaur

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Well, its nice to be knowledgeable about the drive-train. But reality is that the majority of people who spend a whole lot of money on an SUV, are most likely interested in looks, comfort, features etc... Not many people will give a damn otherwise. Seriously, I bet some people will have a 07 for 3 years and still not know its a 6.2L or a 6 speed tranny.

I know my truck inside and out, I have zero interest in the 07 so I cant help ya there.

You do make a good point that this is GM's first 6 speed, and that is probably the biggest thing I'm worried about. Regardless of warranty, I still don't want to have my truck in the shop, I'd rather be driving. Not to say its going to happen, but GM doesn't exactly have the best track record with tranny's, ESPECIALLY AWD vehicles.

The SUV in general will NEVER be great for speeding around corners. Unless you want to install training wheels. I don't know anyone in their right mind who would speed through a corner in any SUV. Its not designed to do this, sports cars are.

By the way, the 07 looks like a ford. (sorry had to throw that in)

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Scott333
    Are you guys REAL '07 owners or kids playing with daddy's computer?
    Just playin with dad's computer, thanks.

am I just an old fa rt old school dinosaur?
    It's too early for me to tell, but entirely possible.

Or am I The sort that puts power and handling above all else.
    I suspect if that were the case you'd order the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 8.

I have to admit the truck is a looker.
    Which is why 99% of the people buy it. Escalades have never been and never will be a front runner in the SUV 0-60 sprint. The 400 hp power plant will keep it toward the front of the line in its class, but that doesn't make it a performace suv.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

OK OK I asked for it.

I WAS speaking relatively when I mentioned handling. Don't expect it to be a sports car. Do want it to take a 'curve' (never mentioned corners) without feeling like it's gonna tip over however. Don't much care about 0 to 60 but rather will it pull 6000 lbs like it knows what it's doing. Some of us caddy lovers have horsies and boats ya know.

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

OK OK I asked for it.

I WAS speaking relatively when I mentioned handling. Don't expect it to be a sports car. Do want it to take a 'curve' (never mentioned corners) without feeling like it's gonna tip over however. Don't much care about 0 to 60 but rather will it pull 6000 lbs like it knows what it's doing. Some of us caddy lovers have horsies and boats ya know.
    It probably takes a "Curve" just fine and it will tow just fine. These features arent really an upgrade in the 07. You'll be able to tow a little more, but the list of features on the 07 doesnt indicate anything that would make it handle better or worse than the 06.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Man. Who gets on here, with only 1 post and starts insulting the forum in general. I say, if you don't think we're discussing the right topics, go find the RIGHT forum that has the topics you're seeking to discuss. Especially if you're not even an Escalade owner. You got plans to buy a few, big deal man. A lot of us love modifying cars as others do it for the fun of it or to make their car look more appealing, and some just have the money to waste. But even that, it doesn't matter. I say, start off another hand and get to know people. What are you trying to do by coming on here like that? I don't own the forum, moderate or related at all - but come on man. I support the forum the best I can by helping others with the knowledge I have.

Mikeee,

The brochure claims a new totally redesigned frame, a stronger/stiffer body structure, a new coil-over shock front suspension, redesigned front axel, reinforced frame and engine mounts, new heavier brakes, more robust rear axle, and new P-metric tires. And of cours the 6 speed tranny might make things a little different and then there's 402 HP.

You are sure there is no real difference though.

Sygenergetic,

Humor challenged are we?

I'm just razzing the '07 owners here who have posted nothing about the core issues of their new machines. I got no beef with you or anyone else. Just poking a little fun.

I'd also like to hear a little bit more than "I just got my new '07!" ... followed by what I could read in a GM brochure.

You got a point. Not a lot of solid testimonials coming from the little amount of recent new 2007 Escalade buyers.

I suggest you get a new account and start over. Humor challenge? I don't like you very much - not that it matters, but that you have come on here and made a fool of yourself when, alternatively you could of saved yourself the hassle of writing out your stupid sh*t and asked for some more solid opinions from the new 07 owners.

Oh, by the way... I am more concerned about how many decimals my sound system hits, along with my big @$$ chrome wheels - rather than how fast I can get my 24's spinning down the freeway.

Unlike you, myself and probably the majority of us Escalade owners don't enjoy racing our luxury rides.

synergetic,

My deepest apologies for having offended you. I had no idea the high level of sophisticated conversation and fellowship that was commonplace here. I'll try and measure up from now on. I promise.

synergetic,

My deepest apologies for having offended you. I had no idea the high level of sophisticated conversation and fellowship that was commonplace here. I'll try and measure up from now on. I promise.
    Get a grip, lame @ss.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Play nice.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Are you guys REAL '07 owners or kids playing with daddy's computer? Or am I just an old fa rt old school dinosaur? The sort that puts power and handling above all else.

Welcome to the Forum Just don't know how to respond to a statement like the one you made above.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.