Not Good Enough You '07 Owners ! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Not Good Enough You '07 Owners ! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Synergetic Get a grip, lame @ss. Agreed. Nice Bryan. Thanks....
    05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Re: Not Good Enough You '07 Owners !

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic
    Get a grip, lame @ss.
    Agreed. Nice Bryan.

Thanks.

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Scott333
    Mikeee,

The brochure claims a new totally redesigned frame, a stronger/stiffer body structure, a new coil-over shock front suspension, redesigned front axel, reinforced frame and engine mounts, new heavier brakes, more robust rear axle, and new P-metric tires. And of cours the 6 speed tranny might make things a little different and then there's 402 HP.

You are sure there is no real difference though.
    I drove one last night and Ill tell you from experience, it is nothing special as far as handeling. OF COURSE THE FRAME CHANGED, its to accomidate the new truck. Every single new car on the market has a brochure that says "Stronger/stiffer", gimme a break, its just marketing tactics, You JUST cant analyze what you read in a brochure and try to make it sound like its a truck from God. Drive it and you will see, take that "Curve" you've been dying to take. You'll notice something different, and thats the smell of the new leather, thats it.

Remember, we're talking about a GM vehicle here, not exactly notorious for handleing.

People have only owned their trucks for hours, maybe a day or two, and you want them to report drivetrain issues? Im not asking for a miracle, just a little common sense.

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

haha this thread is great. I dont think this guy was trying to start anything, maybe just the way he put it was in correct. Anyways, like most of you I too am more into looks, but on occasion i was glad that we picked the cadi for some reasons. Just go to your dealerships and tell htem when they get one you want to drive it. Im sure if they are a decent dealer and you own a cadi allready they will let u drive one. The new 6speed is as exciting as it is scary. As GM is not known for tranny's this could bankrupt them, or this could be the next big thing.
    Good luck, i know i like to take curves when getting on the freeway a little fast, but considering i have an 03 and have towed a car at 100mph uphill with the 5.3, im sure you'll have no problem towing your horses to an from shows.

Good luck, again this thread is funny.

cmac40 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 White Diamond EXT

this is truly funny as people have not had time to get to know there lade yet give them a little time

Scott333 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by integline
    haha this thread is great. I dont think this guy was trying to start anything, maybe just the way he put it was in correct. Anyways, like most of you I too am more into looks, but on occasion i was glad that we picked the cadi for some reasons. Just go to your dealerships and tell htem when they get one you want to drive it. Im sure if they are a decent dealer and you own a cadi allready they will let u drive one. The new 6speed is as exciting as it is scary. As GM is not known for tranny's this could bankrupt them, or this could be the next big thing.
    Good luck, i know i like to take curves when getting on the freeway a little fast, but considering i have an 03 and have towed a car at 100mph uphill with the 5.3, im sure you'll have no problem towing your horses to an from shows.

Good luck, again this thread is funny.
    Integline,

Thanks. I WAS trying to be funny. Guess the line about 'daddy's computer' was just too much for some. Or perhaps the implication that I see a lot of posing going on here and not much serious gear-head man talk. It seems there are a lot of car drivers here running on about trucks. I've been a truck man for forty years. I need a truck to be a truck first and pretty second. Maybe somebody who actually knows all wheel drive from four wheel drive will buy an '07 and report in sooner or later.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Integline,

Thanks. I WAS trying to be funny. Guess the line about 'daddy's computer' was just too much for some. Or perhaps the implication that I see a lot of posing going on here and not much serious gear-head man talk. It seems there are a lot of car drivers here running on about trucks. I've been a truck man for forty years. I need a truck to be a truck first and pretty second. Maybe somebody who actually knows all wheel drive from four wheel drive will buy an '07 and report in sooner or later.
    My Escalade is a work truck, as will my 07' be a work truck, I develop large tracks of land and drive my truck thru the sites, as well as deep snow in upstate NY, having said that I am in the car care business too, so my truck is kept clean and is in many shows. It's a good looking truck that is fun to drive

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Maybe somebody who actually knows all wheel drive from four wheel drive will buy an '07 and report in sooner or later.
    Big Baller -

We're all waiting for you to buy your two 2007 Escalades, and give us some true emotion about how you feel about the power and handling.

Look forward to hearing from you.

RobertJoseph17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wow...what's with all the hostility?
    I still think you're an old fart old dinosaur though. Ha Ha.

ldc3000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

* Gives Scott333 a flame shield

I thought it was obvious he was joking, I guess it can be hard to tell sometimes what is meant to be funny over the Internet. Oh well, anyway, I'm with a lot of the others that care more about the looks. With that being said welcome.

Yeah looks rule. Take that Scot333 you OLD FART OLD DINOSAUR!!!
    Ok I'm done with that now. I'm not trying to be funny, I'm really just trying to start something. (Sarcasm hopefully understood)
    I just bought my 05 Escalade, so I'll be waiting for the next big change to buy my next one. Maybe it'll be like Apple's never buy the first batch of products, always wait a few generations.

I'm really just trying to get my posts up so I can finally PM this one guy I've been meaning to get ahold of.

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJoseph17
    I'm really just trying to get my posts up so I can finally PM this one guy I've been meaning to get ahold of.
    I Blocked you already, you still wont be able to PM me! haha, just kidding, im just bored, maybe Ill go burn a few cd's.

Ha Ha. I love these forums. Great source of information, and great source of humor. It's my new homepage.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Integline,

Your tone is insulting to people here...in case you haven't figured that out yet. If you need gear head talk then find yourself a auto-mechanic forum. There's a fair share of technical discussion on these boards, but not many owners have had their 07s long enough to offer anything other than anecdotal opinions.

As far as posing goes your the master of it IMO . When you buy your own 07 Lade to use as "a truck first and pretty vehicle second" be sure to post some pics.

Welcome to the forums.

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.