Just Got My '07!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Just Got My '07!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have that exact same truck on order. All I can say is I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! Sweet truck my man!!!! ...
    Kappa-Lac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Just Got My '07!!

I have that exact same truck on order. All I can say is I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet truck my man!!!! Congrats! And I will be 07'n it soon too!

Kappa-Lac Out!

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Thumbs up Re: Just Got My '07!!

Quote Originally Posted by PeteESC07
    I just posted my pics on Sony Imagestation. (My files were too big to fit here--only 197kb limit!) Follow this link...

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2108880805
    Very Nice... I think your pictures show how good they do look.
    Good luck with it.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Looks sweet Pete. Enjoy.
    ~Steve

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

i have the same truck headed this way, except the interior is the shale/neutral/cocoa color, aka as tan, i didn't like the contrast of the ebony seats with the light colored headliner, i didn't make sense to me, congrats on the truck bro!

PeteESC07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah, I thought about going with the tan interior, too......but I've got 2 very active kids........the good thing about a dark interior in this case is that it hides stains and scuff marks fairly well.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Very nice Pete

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Very, very nice. I'd like to feel the difference in get up and go with the 400 hp engine.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Just a few more thoughts on my truck....While I'm enjoying it very much, I have a few suggestions for future models (aka, my "wish list"):

1. Better gas mileage: hey, I know, it's a full-size SUV....but with the new Variable Displacement engine coming this fall, it will definately get better.....but I hope not at the expense of performance.

2. Blue Tooth: A SUV with this many gadegets, and with so many cell phones around now with this feature, the lack of Bluetooth is a major oversight. Yes, it does have the On-Star Hands-free calling but you first have to subscribe to it and get an account and phone number (my dealer did give me 60 pre-paid minutes though ).

3. Flush storing seats: The one-touch power folding seat option for the 2nd row (3rd row is manual) is nice but it does not fold flat into the floor (like in Dodge minivans for example)...kinda limiting your cargo storage options.

4. Central console mounted shifter: The present column shifter works very smoothly but I would much rather prefer one in the central console....more sporty and current.

5. Height Adjusting suspension: One that you can manually lower for exiting and for increased speeds on the highway, or to raise to increase ground clearance.....believe it or not, the front air spoiler is pretty low for a full-size SUV and you can easily scrape it on a concrete tire stop if you're not careful.

6. HUD: Would be nice to see your speed and NAV info projected onto the windshield.....the present NAV screen is kinda mounted too low.....taking your eyes off the road to read the map (BTW, the touchscreen NAV is fantastic.....easily among the best....such as the ones from Acura/Lexus)

7. Radar Cruise control/Lane-change warning system: not really necessary but are very nice gadgets that are on some Lexus/Infiniti models.

8. No Price Increase: Paid about $68K......which, to me, is a LOT for a Caddy. Yes, I feel the new Escalade is worth it but in a couple years, it will easily exceed $70K-75K which to me puts it in a whole new ballgame.

hornyjuan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks PETE for the great report. Perfect for those of us that are still debating.

RobertJoseph17 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey Pete I see you live in Illinois. Are you planning on any mods on your car and if so, where do you plan on doing it. And if you''re not, do you still know any good places. I live in the chicago area and was just in the market for some advice.

csmooth79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

First I have to say congrats.

Second, I havent commented here but I really dislike most of the outside of the truck. But being as though I really dont see the a$$ of my truck often (that to me is the worst part of the 07). I have to say that seeing your pics will definitely put this in my scope for a new vehicle ( in a yr or so when some fool has already paid for depreciation, and I find it at manheim).

The interior is definitely more on par with a vehicle at this cost, my only complaint with my truck is the interior. My 02 looks better than my 99 did, but only so much.

Love the truck, enjoy it. Remember 1 day, you and ur truck (in the driveway of course).

Not planning on any mods at this time.......truck already has 403 hp (but as they say in America, more is always better) and it also has 22in wheels (the ride is just perfect as it is).....anyways, I'm leasing this vehicle, so I can't do any permenet mods to it. You know, what really sold me on this truck is not the exterior (even though it looks great and much better than any other SUV out there) but the fantastic interior.....the quietness and solidity of the cabin is impressive, and the look and feel of the wood, leather and brush aluminum exudes elegance and quality.....right up there with the best Lexus and Audi models in my opinion...and certainly the best Caddy interior I've seen so far.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Not planning on any mods at this time.......truck already has 403 hp (but as they say in America, more is always better) and it also has 22in wheels (the ride is just perfect as it is).....anyways, I'm leasing this vehicle, so I can't do any permenet mods to it. You know, what really sold me on this truck is not the exterior (even though it looks great and much better than any other SUV out there) but the fantastic interior.....the quietness and solidity of the cabin is impressive, and the look and feel of the wood, leather and brush aluminum exudes elegance and quality.....right up there with the best Lexus and Audi models in my opinion...and certainly the best Caddy interior I've seen so far.
    Long tube headers, high flow cats and new exhaust, and air intake and some tuning may add another 50 hp at the wheels, as you said some is good, more is better.

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For a truck of this price you would imagine it having all these features. I know my dad's Lex Ls430 is in the 70 or so range and it has all of these features plus some. If GM really wanted to steal the SUV segment they should try to implement these changes for 08, so people thinking of saving and buying one used buy the new ones.
    Great truck though overall, just pricey.

Just a few more thoughts on my truck....While I'm enjoying it very much, I have a few suggestions for future models (aka, my "wish list"):

1. Better gas mileage: hey, I know, it's a full-size SUV....but with the new Variable Displacement engine coming this fall, it will definately get better.....but I hope not at the expense of performance.

2. Blue Tooth: A SUV with this many gadegets, and with so many cell phones around now with this feature, the lack of Bluetooth is a major oversight. Yes, it does have the On-Star Hands-free calling but you first have to subscribe to it and get an account and phone number (my dealer did give me 60 pre-paid minutes though ).

3. Flush storing seats: The one-touch power folding seat option for the 2nd row (3rd row is manual) is nice but it does not fold flat into the floor (like in Dodge minivans for example)...kinda limiting your cargo storage options.

4. Central console mounted shifter: The present column shifter works very smoothly but I would much rather prefer one in the central console....more sporty and current.

5. Height Adjusting suspension: One that you can manually lower for exiting and for increased speeds on the highway, or to raise to increase ground clearance.....believe it or not, the front air spoiler is pretty low for a full-size SUV and you can easily scrape it on a concrete tire stop if you're not careful.

6. HUD: Would be nice to see your speed and NAV info projected onto the windshield.....the present NAV screen is kinda mounted too low.....taking your eyes off the road to read the map (BTW, the touchscreen NAV is fantastic.....easily among the best....such as the ones from Acura/Lexus)

7. Radar Cruise control/Lane-change warning system: not really necessary but are very nice gadgets that are on some Lexus/Infiniti models.

8. No Price Increase: Paid about $68K......which, to me, is a LOT for a Caddy. Yes, I feel the new Escalade is worth it but in a couple years, it will easily exceed $70K-75K which to me puts it in a whole new ballgame.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Height adjusting suspension, my Range Rover has it, and you can keep, just more to break.
    Center console shifter would take room away IMO, my Grand Cherokee's have center colsole shifters and you loose a lot of storage.
    I use my truck for work, the 3rd row seats are in my basement, while flush storing seats would be nice you would have to make the truck platform higher or lose ground clearance to fit the seats, the new flip-up middle seats are a nice feature.
    H.U.D. would be nice, I have it in several C5 Corvette's.
    Gas mileage, you do not buy a 400 hp truck and worry about fuel prices, all things equal it odes pretty good on fuel.
    I use OnStar's phone function, it's great for my needs.
    Everyone uses their trucks different, and have different needs, so while there will never be that perfect truck, year after year it will keep getting better to keep making us spend our money.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.