2007 Seat Configuration?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Seat Configuration? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an '07 on order with the bench middle seat. The dealer convinced me to order the two-passenger third ...
    The Pawnbroker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question 2007 Seat Configuration?

I have an '07 on order with the bench middle seat. The dealer convinced me to order the two-passenger third row for "resale". They told me that only the two-passenger third row is split. Today I go online and see that both the two and three passenger third row seats are split. Now the dealer is telling me that the seats are exaclty the same. The only difference is that the three-passenger seat has an extra lap belt. Period. No other difference. Is this true? The reason I wanted the second row bench is because I want to have a flat load floor when the seats are folded down. I do Boxer rescue and transport dogs from time to time. I didn't want a hole where a dog could "fall" onto or trip over. Am I correct in the assumption that the bench has a flat load floor and the captains chairs have a "hole" between them?

What would you do considering wanting a "flat" load floor and maximizing resale later?

Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Re: 2007 Seat Configuration?

Quote Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
    I have an '07 on order with the bench middle seat. The dealer convinced me to order the two-passenger third row for "resale". They told me that only the two-passenger third row is split. Today I go online and see that both the two and three passenger third row seats are split. Now the dealer is telling me that the seats are exaclty the same. The only difference is that the three-passenger seat has an extra lap belt. Period. No other difference. Is this true? The reason I wanted the second row bench is because I want to have a flat load floor when the seats are folded down. I do Boxer rescue and transport dogs from time to time. I didn't want a hole where a dog could "fall" onto or trip over. Am I correct in the assumption that the bench has a flat load floor and the captains chairs have a "hole" between them?

What would you do considering wanting a "flat" load floor and maximizing resale later?

Thanks for your help.
    Pretty much what he said is true. The 2 different versions of the third seat have the same basic dimensions and are both split down the middle, BUT where the standard seat theoretically has a center seating spot and seatbelt like this:

the 2 passenger one just has a little wider of an opening between the seat backs and there's a little cupholder/tray spot on each seat half in the middle:

So, when folded, not much of a difference. And just a little more "unique" in 2 passenger form.

Does that help?

Wow! Thanks for the great pictures. That is exactly what I was looking for. Any pictures of the middle row of an '07 folded down? I like the looks of the two-seat third row. I just don't know about the practicality of having the bench in the second row and the two-seat third row. It seems to me that if someone needed the amount of seating to order the bench, they would most likely get the three-seat third row. After all, you already get 7 seats by getting the second row captains chairs and the third row three-seat option. For my use, I want a flat load floor and I don't even need the third row at all. I am mainly interested in re-sale values. The salesman I am working with doesn't know the product at all even though she supposedly has been doing this for a long time. She told me that "everybody gets the two-seat third row. Otherwise, they want the ESV". "The third row three-seat option isn't a split bench". "The third row three-seat option doesn't have a shoulder belt for the middle seat". And today when I informed her of her inaccuracies "the only difference between the two-seat and three-seat configuration is a lap belt that is added when you order the three-seat option".

GoSooners is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

That's what I have seen for the third row options ^^^. I am wanting to see how the 2nd-row bench looks as well. Your dealer is giving you bogus info AND bogus prices. I'm sorry man

GoSooners-

Man are you right about the info and prices (honesty) I'm getting. I did get a look at a large (huge) brochure today for the '07 Escalade that shows the second row Captains seats. The back flips down now and the bottom rolls forward. This leaves what looks like a nearly level load floor with the Captains chairs so I am going with them now.

Here's a pic (Tahoe, but still the same thing) of what it really looks like with the 3rd seat folded and a center captain's chair flipped up:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.