Space for secondary battery in 2007 Escalade (why?) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Space for secondary battery in 2007 Escalade (why?) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Rolex THere's no room for anything extra under the hood of my 03. At least not that ...
    senility is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Space for secondary battery in 2007 Escalade (why?)

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    THere's no room for anything extra under the hood of my 03. At least not that I've found.....and I've looked. I mounted my air horns in front of the grill because it was just too tight under the hood.
    Rolex,

What air horns do you have?

Dan <><

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Many forms of good music only get attention for the negative aspects.
    I have an extreme dislike for the hip hop genre of music but I also know that when I was younger lots of people didn't like the kind of annoying garbage I listened too.
    I suspect my son will like something else I can't stand when he grows up.

Anyway....
    I am sure GM has plans in the works to use this new body style on all the truck lines in the not so distant future. The location is likely to accomodate this expansion.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by senility
    Rolex,

What air horns do you have?

Dan <><
    http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/P...002553/c-10101

Budget / cheapo air horns, that do not require an air tank [saves space]. The kit, wiring, fuses and misc parts totaled about $35 installed. All wiring, inline fuse kit, fuses, etc I bought from Wal-Mart. I removed the grill and headlights and installed them onto the support for the transmission cooler just behind the grill. I installed them in a downward direction to prevent water from settling into them. And obviously they are much louder when they're outside the engine compartment. The entire thing took about 2 hours. They REALLY get people's attention.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

slk230mb is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Rolex, are they always on when you press the horn, or did you install a switch? Also, do the stock horns still sound?
    ~Steve

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb
    Rolex, are they always on when you press the horn, or did you install a switch? Also, do the stock horns still sound?
    I used one of those little wire splicers to tap into the wire running to the factory horn behind the right headlight. I decided not to install a cut off switch after giving it some thought. If you listen carefully you can still hear the factory horns for literally a split second before you hear the air horns. I don't imagine anybody other than me listens for it though. So the factory horns still sound off, but they're drowned by the air horns.

Aside from scaring kids, I do consider these horns a "safety feature." There's no shortage of people who drive like idiots, and these things get the attention of people before they run over me. They're loud enough to make people jump in the vehicle next to me, so they make people pay attention. I have found at highway speeds the factory horns can be difficult to hear. That's a problem I no longer have.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

mallettv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

They put that there for big music systems and it has a lot to do with the hybrid engine the escalade is going to get next year.

benamaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

I have a 2003 with Dual Batteries. I like it because I can watch a movie or listen to the radio off with the engine off for alot longer than stock. Its simple to install.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.