I crawled inside one today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, I crawled inside one today in Cadillac Escalade Forums; A cadillac dealer near my office took delivery of (5) 2007 escalades yesterday morning. By 5pm that day, they were ...
    shinyescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I crawled inside one today

A cadillac dealer near my office took delivery of (5) 2007 escalades yesterday morning. By 5pm that day, they were all sold. All of them sold for sticker price and none of them were ordered trucks. One of these trucks was in their showroom waiting to be picked up, so i had a chance to crawl inside and take a look. From the front seats forward, it's a total improvement and i'm a huge fan. Looking back into the truck, i didn't notice any differences, except the 2nd row captain chairs were smaller / narrower. Walking around the outside of the truck, the front end really sets the tone. The details with the grille and headlights are awesome - it's really sweet. The back half of the truck looks plain, as i expected from seeing all the pics. However, it wasn't enough to stop me from drooling. All in all - i'm a huge fan of the 07. However, knowing that somebody paid $67K for it made me feel great about my 05 purchase last year when GM was giving them away. They also had a new XLR-V on the floor that stickered at an even $100K.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Re: I crawled inside one today

Almost the exact same setup at my local dealership. Coral Cadillac in Fort Lauderdale, Florida took delivery of around seven 2007 Escalades yesterday. On my way to Fort Lauderdale I saw them and on my way home I decided to stop in to see. I took a look at almost all of them on the lot and every single one was sold and waiting to be picked up. I was able to get inside one and thought it looked great. I still don't love the rear of the truck but I am sure it will grow on me. My dealership was selling them for sticker and not anything over. The trucks were selling for about what they are worth. I really wanted to see a black one but it was picked up before I arrived. I'm sure the chrome pieces would look a lot better on the black. I was able to speak with a dealer and he told me that he had driven them in Miami a week earlier. He was able to drive a Black 2007 Escalade with the factory 22's and he said it was wonderful. It handled like a dream and you can really feel the 400 horses. He said he was taking turns at around 50mph and it was handling in a perfect manner. I can't wait to test drive one but I wasn't able to because as I stated all of the ones on my local dealership's lot was sold.

Thanks.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

The dealership up here by school has none on order and doesn't plan on getting any to stock, so I'm going to have to wait until I'm home to check one out in person. I cant wait.
    ~Steve

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

here in clevelad the dealership in the city (central caddy hummer) asking 5k over sticker on all theres in stock or to place an order... and all the in stock units are sold... i would never pay msrp, or above sticker no truck is ever worth that at all

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I went to 3 dealers before ordering mine from the same dealer I got my Escalade from, all 3 dealers were under sticker price, one dealer was 1k under, and another dealer was 1800.00 less, can't believe anyone would pay over sticker price for a truck.

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Ya its not smart to overpay for a truck, a local custom shop sold a black 07 on 24s for 10k over the sticker.

Well, I guess it is where I live. Today after leaving my school, I started driving down to my dads office located in Fort Lauderdale. It is on West Commerical Blvd. for all you Floridians out there and near my dad's office is GoodRoads. If you live in South Florida, you know GoodRoads. Anyways, as I drove past, what is sitting out in front with the owner of GoodRoads' cars? A brand new 2007 Escalade sitting on 24's or 26's. The car must be a day old and it already has huge rims? Crazy! I was ready to cry. It was black and had big #%$ chrome rims. I noticed it at the last second as I drove by so I couldn't tell if they were 24's or 26's, but they looked great. If I was to guess, I would say 24's. I was going to stop on the way back from my dad's office to take a peek, but when I drove back, the Escalade was gone. I wish I could have snapped some pictures. It honestly looked unbelievable.

Thanks.

Justin Sane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

please post pics of 07s on big wheels.

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

I test drove an '07 today, here are my thoughts:

White Diamond-
    - Looked MUCH better in person that in the pics (White Diamond),
    - The factory 22's look really classy, not ghetto like the 24's I have on my '03
    - The Interior was great, not the cheap plastic like mine
    - Vehicle as a whole is 1 1/2 inch taller and seemed bigger
    - The vehicle is fast and powerful

Any questions?

This is gonna be a tough call for me whether I get a Lade or a Range Rover Sport. My main problem is the size issues. I am use to the Lade.

Ta TownBacker

Quote Originally Posted by TaTownBacker
    I test drove an '07 today, here are my thoughts:

White Diamond-
    - Looked MUCH better in person that in the pics (White Diamond),
    - The factory 22's look really classy, not ghetto like the 24's I have on my '03
    - The Interior was great, not the cheap plastic like mine
    - Vehicle as a whole is 1 1/2 inch taller and seemed bigger
    - The vehicle is fast and powerful

Any questions?

This is gonna be a tough call for me whether I get a Lade or a Range Rover Sport. My main problem is the size issues. I am use to the Lade.

Ta TownBacker
    In my opinion, you bought your 2003 Escalade for a reason, correct? You probably will be an Escalade person for quite some time. Say you like the Range Rover Sport, why change now? You are happy with your 2003 Escalade and I'm sure you will only be happier with the 2007 Escalade. With the Range Rover Sport, you can only hope that you enjoy it. I don't think it is a question that you should consider. With the new Escalade, you have the space and now the power too. What else do you want? Good luck and it is completely your decision. By the way, since you will have to sell your 24's (different wheel offset), can I take a look at them and make an offer?

Thanks.

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

05 e-mail me at mdwichita10@hotmail.com.

Ta TownBacker

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i got mine 3k off sticker picked 1st one up saturday tinted windows monday chrome tow hooks and ordered wheels and lowerkit yesterday this truck rocks.

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 ESCALADE
    i got mine 3k off sticker picked 1st one up saturday tinted windows monday chrome tow hooks and ordered wheels and lowerkit yesterday this truck rocks.
    lets see some pics???

The Pawnbroker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: I crawled inside one today

I ordered mine last week. Every option available except the 22's. MSRP is $64955. My price was $60,422 ($1,000 over invoice and $4,533 under MSRP). Seems about right to me if they are selling as well as reported. They have agreed to buy my '05 (all options and 9,000 miles) for $45,000. If anyone has specific info on the driving differences between the "old" model and the new model please elaborate.

Thanks.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
    I ordered mine last week. Every option available except the 22's. MSRP is $64955. My price was $60,422 ($1,000 over invoice and $4,533 under MSRP). Seems about right to me if they are selling as well as reported. They have agreed to buy my '05 (all options and 9,000 miles) for $45,000. If anyone has specific info on the driving differences between the "old" model and the new model please elaborate.

Thanks.
    what dealer did you buy or 07 from?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.