I crawled inside one today - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, I crawled inside one today in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I can't get beyond the idea that they are are just a jazzed up Suburban with a huge price. I'm ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: I crawled inside one today

I can't get beyond the idea that they are are just a jazzed up Suburban with a huge price. I'm sorry.

The Pawnbroker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

dkozloski-

I actually wish that were the case. I would rather have a GMC yukon or denali. I really don't like the "status" that an Escalade brings. The thing is though, there is a really big difference when it comes to horsepower and other ammenities.

Update on my deal...
    Turns out the salespersons were much less than honest . They hadn't checked with the sales manager when they agreed to my offer and took my $500 down payment and placed my order. I finally talked to him today. "No way I can do this for $15,000 difference". He agreed to $1,000 over invoice (as per my handshake deal with the salesperson). The problem as some have said is the trade. They have offered a max of $39,000 for my '05. I will have to sell myself or nix the deal altogether. They have new '06's for $8,000 off invoice right now (~$50K).

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I would run with it if that is the car you want....soon the 05 will take a bigger hit at the auctions as the 07's start poping up everywhere....in fact the auction are probably going to be flooded with old body trades in my opinion.

LADE,

You are right on with what the Sales Manager said to me tonight. He showed me right on his computer screen the last several '05's that were sold at auction (average $37,500). He says he's afraid the price will drop fast when the '07's hit the street. He has 8 '07's on order with 4 of those pre-sold.

Sandy Kassis is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am in the SF Bay Area and spent a fair amount of time looking for a good deal on a new/certified Escalade. I just picked up a new 2005 (AWD, 6.0, rip tide blue, sunroof, chrome, nav, upgraded dash panel) for 46k. Maybe not the best deal ever, but I am happy with it. From my search over the last month or so, you should be able to do better than 39k with the extended warranty and the other additions, especially with only 9k miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.