I crawled inside one today - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, I crawled inside one today in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Fitzgerald in Annapolis, MD...
    The Pawnbroker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: I crawled inside one today

Fitzgerald in Annapolis, MD

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Re: I crawled inside one today

Quote Originally Posted by The Pawnbroker
    I ordered mine last week. Every option available except the 22's. MSRP is $64955. My price was $60,422 ($1,000 over invoice and $4,533 under MSRP). Seems about right to me if they are selling as well as reported. They have agreed to buy my '05 (all options and 9,000 miles) for $45,000. If anyone has specific info on the driving differences between the "old" model and the new model please elaborate.

Thanks.
    Congratulations. Wow, you managed to get a great deal for your 2005 Escalade. $45,000 is an excellent value for your 2005. Post some pictures when you get your new 2007 in. Can't wait. KBB for your Escalade is only around $42,000. Congratulations again.

Thanks.

shinyescalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm guessing the salesman that overpaid for your 05 and undersold the 07 was probably fired the next day. How do they expect to turn a profit doing that? I would drive to Maryland to get some of that action - no doubt.

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

45000??? they couldn't even sell that on the lot for that if they tried... even if they certified it...

medlines is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Guys , a 2005 Escalade with 9000 miles on and in mint condition is being sold at dealers auction in Manheim at max 39,000 $. this is the real trade price between dealers , so 45,000 is a genie out of the bottle wish come true.

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by medlines
    Guys , a 2005 Escalade with 9000 miles on and in mint condition is being sold at dealers auction in Manheim at max 39,000 $. this is the real trade price between dealers , so 45,000 is a genie out of the bottle wish come true.
    agree...

couldn't have said it better myself

Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I smell BS!!!!! Or, he meant to type 35.

Nee4speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You can almost get a brand new left over 05 for that price.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by medlines

That's where I got my Escalade from in 2003.
    ~Steve

The Pawnbroker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Smile Re: I crawled inside one today

A few things. They checked the last few certified '05's they sold and they were in the $48k range. Mine has every option plus the top-of-the-line GM extended warranty. As for prices on the new ones, the Washington/Baltimore market is very competitive. It's not like this is a limited edition vehicle. I simply can't believe anyone anywhere is paying much if anything over invoice. Remember, the dealer is still making quite a few bucks selling at invoice and they also generally get you for some financing etc. Also, most people tend to get at least their warranty work done where they buy not to mention service work after that. The dealers around here take that into account. I simply told them I wanted to pay $15K plus the tax (5% in MD) and tag/title fees on the new one. I didn't care what the actual prices were since I had already checked the invoice prices for the '07's and eBay, KBB and Edmunds to get an average value for the '05. The differerence is just about $15K. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 or 6 Cadillac dealers within a 10 to 45 minute drive of my house. All you guys have to do is call the Sales Manager and tell them you would like to come in and order an '07 for invoice. I think just about every dealer of every make around here is willing to do that. I mean, I know people who don't feel like they are getting a deal even at invoice anymore. It would be very different if GM wasn't going to build each and every one that their dealers order (ie a true limited edition). Let me be clear, I am honest and will post any changes and or final numbers or changes between now and the time I take delivery.

GoSooners is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 ESCALADE
    i got mine 3k off sticker picked 1st one up saturday tinted windows monday chrome tow hooks and ordered wheels and lowerkit yesterday this truck rocks.
    There's already a lowering kit out? Who makes it? Where did you order from?

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

The dealership in my town is asking 64k+ on the 2007s.

HamMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade & 1991 Allante

I paid $47k for my new '05 back in June. AWD,Chrome 17s, Nav, Sunroof.
    Shop online for your '07's. Mine came from Davesmithmotors.com
    Any dealer should take invoice for an order. I was offered $38k trade in last week with 12,000 miles.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by HamMan
    I paid $47k for my new '05 back in June. AWD,Chrome 17s, Nav, Sunroof.
    Shop online for your '07's. Mine came from Davesmithmotors.com
    Any dealer should take invoice for an order. I was offered $38k trade in last week with 12,000 miles.
    I bought my truck from them too! I had to drive to idaho to get it though, they have the best prices.

HamMan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade & 1991 Allante

They also ship. I have seen 8 or 10 car haulers lurking around town waiting for their turn to load up an leave. This place blows my mind... They claim to be the largest Dodge dealer in the world and the largest GM dealer in the North West. No, I don't work for them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.