Offset for 07?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Offset for 07? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I read the 07 Escalades are going to have a different wheel offset so aftermarket rims from current ones wont ...
    Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

Offset for 07?

I read the 07 Escalades are going to have a different wheel offset so aftermarket rims from current ones wont fit the new one, anyone know what the offset is on the new ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Offset for 07?

I remeber reading somewhere where they were different. I know the current ones are 6x6.5 and i am not positive but i thought it read 6x6.25. I am not a wheel expert so I could be completely wrong.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

I was at my dealership this past Saturday and started talking to them about upgrading to a 2007. I was telling them a few reasons why I didn't want to upgrade. I recently put 22's on my 2005 Escalade as well as an E&G Classic Vertical Grille. Anyways, the dealership told me that since my rims are 22" Vogue, they will fit the 2007's. I told him that doesn't make sense because the wheel offset is completely different but he assured me it would fit. Is this possible or is he pulling my leg? Keep in mind, the man I was talking to was the wheel expert for the dealership. Excellent dealership in my opinion but the fact that my 22's for my 05 would fit the new 07 with a different wheel offset. Just didn't make sense.

Thanks.

anyone else hear that you could actually fit the wheels?

Justin Sane is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Call Vougue, or a wheel manufacturer.

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by blingblingcv
    I remeber reading somewhere where they were different. I know the current ones are 6x6.5 and i am not positive but i thought it read 6x6.25. I am not a wheel expert so I could be completely wrong.
    6x5.5 is the bolt pattern. the offset is something completely different. if the new Lade has a big change in offset, then the wheels/tires will either stick out of the wheel wells or be too close to the frame/control arms/shocks/inner wheel well.

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

Alright I just talked to 2 people, here is what they told me:

1) Service Manager at my Cadillac Dealer, he said the old wheels and tires I have from my '03 (Kaotics) SHOULD fit. Should being the key word.

2) A guy at a major rim/tire dealer where I use to live (Wichita) and and he said he THINKS they fit. Fits being the key word.

Basically I am still not sure whether they fit.

Ta TownBacker

As soon as anyone hears anything concrete about this post up. I dont want to buy wheels for the summer and then decide I want the new Lade sometime down the road and be out all that money.

medlines is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Size: 24x10
    Product Description: 24X10 TIS07 6X5.5+18 CHROME
    Backside Spacing (in/mm): 6.25/159
    Offset: 18 mm
    this is the size chart from TIS wheels website for the 07 escalade

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

So does that mean the rims that fit the '02-'06's will fot the '07's?

Ta TownBacker

ILLNALI is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 DENALI bagged on 26's.. 2008 GS350 murdered

according to the TIS info they should fit 100%.....It says ot 18+..... Without any problems with rubbing. I thought I read these new suspensions are running a coil-over type setup? If that is the case the only issue would be rubbing on the suspension....

The lower the offset pulls the wheel face inward, thus pulling the whole wheel farther from the suspension.
    The higher the offset will pull the face of the wheel outward, thus pulling the wheel tighter towards the body.

we are only talking a few mm difference. It should not be that big of a problem. Instances where the offset needs to be more precise is usually on more performance oriented applications, where the improper offset will cause the inner barrel of the wheel to rub on a huge caliper or a larger that usual suspension cup.

If your current rims have a lower offset then you might see a problem, but I would still doubt it.

To determine the rims offset most aftermarket rims will have the size and offset stamped on the back side of the face/center of the rim.

well now I just check the TIS website and it says our current ot is +18.... The correct offset for the 07's is +31... Which maybe proves my theory that they did have to change the offset to probably clear the suspension. So if you have a higher offset maybe 20ot and above you might be ok.

However those lower offsets on some of the rims out there, usually found on the custom multipiece stuff: Asanti, Davin, Symbolic etc.... They custom tune theirs to around 6-10ot to get it to sit where they feel is perfect, and to get the biggest lip. I would imagine they will hit the suspension!

2007 ESCALADE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

i will take a wheel off of my 07 tonight if i have time talked to giovanna they said its a plus 30 to 35 stock wheels should have it stamped in iti will check ok

I think you should check the front and a rear. I just called our distributor at MHT..He said the same as Giovanna 30-35 in the front, but the rear is going to be lower. He said they just sent out a set 30 front and 20 rear to test fit Heinz Ward's truck out in P-burg. He will keep me posted.

ok, so the +10 would rub really bad right? But if I went with a +20 for my current one, then it would fit the 07 perfect right?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.