Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

By JAMIE LAREAU AND RICHARD TRUETT | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Published 02/01/06, 11:19 am et

General Motors CEO Rick Wagoner confirmed that Cadillac will get its first hybrid vehicle in the fall of 2007 with the 2008 Escalade SUV.

Wagoner made the announcement Wednesday at the Baltimore transmission plant during a ceremony to name the plant as the builder of GM’s hybrid transmissions.

The hybrid version of the Escalade will use a new transmission made by GM’s Allison division. The two-mode hybrid system will be similar to what GM will use in the hybrid version of a Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUVs.

The hybrid Escalade will get a 25 percent gain in fuel economy, meaning the vehicle could get close to 30 mpg on the highway.

The supplier for the nickel-metal batteries to be used in the Escalade will be Panasonic EV, a Japanese company.

GM is spending $118 million to tool up for production of the hybrid transmissions.

Link: http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../60201002/1041
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Re: Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

This technology is longer overdue in GM's SUVs. I believe that GMs financial situation reflects their tardiness in a consumer driven market.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Okay, I was going to say I could live with the 2007 Escalade, but a freakin HYBRID!! Cadillac is coming close to becoming lame and too conservitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic
    Okay, I was going to say I could live with the 2007 Escalade, but a freakin HYBRID!! Cadillac is coming close to becoming lame and too conservitive.
    What do you mean by too conservative? Buyers are demanding vehicles with better gas mileage, and GM has failed to satisfy their customers demands up to this point. As I said above, I believe GMs late arrival to integrating the displacement on demand, and/or hybrid technology into their gas-guzzling SUVs [which are probably their best selling vehicles] is one of the reasons their vehicle sales and stock values have plummeted.

IMO continuing to offer the same poor selling product, and using ''employee pricing'' and other sales gimmicks to try to move those vehicles is what makes GM lazy and lame. They'll just be getting into the game with Toyota, Ford, Lexus, & Honda [and others] by offering hybrids. Waiting until 2007 to do so may prove to be too late given their current financial losses.

I definately approve of the 07 Lade design. I believe giving it the same [or more] horse power and offering buyers 20+ mpg would help it appeal to a larger market....other than loyal GM buyers like myself.

I wouldn't drive on a electrical driven motor. I don't care how much gas it saves. I like the feeling of driving down the road on something non-hybrid. Hybrid vehicles are so close to making me laugh. If you can't afford gas, why the hell are you buying an Escalade in the first place? If its to start saving general gas in a non-selfish way, then thats rediculous. Its not like its going to last forever and thats when hybrid vehicles should come into the picture.

Into the game with Toyota, Ford, Lexus & Honda... lol

More like Toyota, Ford, Lexus & Honda is trying to get in the game with GM/Cadillac.

First time I saw that truck on a commercial, I thought quickly they constructed that design from the EXT.

Stuntless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What is the point of a hybrid escalade? If you want good gas mileage then don't get a damn full size luxury SUV lol. I'd also highly doubt it would have the same power as a regular Escalade, try driving a hyrbid Ford Escape and seeing if it has the same power as the gas V6 version. It's more like it has the same power as the 4 cylinder gas version really. Those batteries add a lot of weight to the car, and you'll probably make up for what you save in gas when it comes time to service them.
    Having an Escalade should mean you can afford to live with the consequences, buying a hybrid model is like going to Mc Donald's and ordering a diet coke with your double quarter pounder and large fry....

Everyone has their opinion and I understand your reasoning. I certainly didn't buy my Escalade because I thought it was the most economical vehicle on the roadways. I see no reason GM couldn't incorporate the DOD [displacement on demand] function into their large SUVs. It can be done without sacrificing power and would offer some increase in mileage. It seems to me this sort of thing would be a no-brainer, which is why I occasionally believe the conspiracy theorists ideas about big oil companies being in kahoots with auto manufacturers.

Chrysler integrated DOD into their V8 300C with no noticeable loss of power. IMO GM has to meet customer demands for better gas mileage. And yes, people want their cake and to be able to eat it. A more efficient, more powerful V8 is possible. If you build it they will come.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

DOD is one thing, but I dont want batteries in my Escalade.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntless
    What is the point of a hybrid escalade? If you want good gas mileage then don't get a damn full size luxury SUV lol. I'd also highly doubt it would have the same power as a regular Escalade, try driving a hyrbid Ford Escape and seeing if it has the same power as the gas V6 version. It's more like it has the same power as the 4 cylinder gas version really. Those batteries add a lot of weight to the car, and you'll probably make up for what you save in gas when it comes time to service them.
    Having an Escalade should mean you can afford to live with the consequences, buying a hybrid model is like going to Mc Donald's and ordering a diet coke with your double quarter pounder and large fry....
    Exactly.

Also, I would feel dumb jumping out at the mall and hooking my vehicle up to a charging machine so I couldn't make it back home, 15 miles away!! lol

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Exactly.

Also, I would feel dumb jumping out at the mall and hooking my vehicle up to a charging machine so I couldn't make it back home, 15 miles away!! lol
    Haha. I wouldn't buy one either. Believe me, everyone here can pay for gas.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade

Thanks.
    05 -

I came accross a few license plate covers on ebay in the past few days. Check out this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...spagenameZWDVW

There is a few others also on there that are brand new. I thought for $10, that is a steal and helps you solve your lost front license plate cover problem.

Exactly.

That doesn't happen with hybrids.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade

Thanks.
    My point said nothing about being able to afford the fuel costs. Personally the cost of ownership of an Escalade isn't beyond me. So please don't suggest that I have that problem. IMHO consumer demands will drive the market in the direction of DOD and/or hybrid drive on high-end vehicles. Lexus recently released a hybrid SUV but it's far too early to predict how it will sell.

Only my opinion...but I believe making gas guzzling SUVs more economical, without sacrificing power, will help GMs sales a great deal. They can't aford to get much worse. It would do much more if GM was the first to the market with the idea. If that sounds foolish to you, then we can agree to disagree.

As I said above, the DOD function seems like an easy answer. It's been done on Corvettes before without sacrificing performance so why not SUVs?

I don't think you can compare gas guzzling with one of GM's other products, the HUMMER H2 which I believe needs to be looked at a lot more closely; and most likely would be more economical than a ESCALADE hybrid. But then again, a HUMMER H2 HYBRID!!? lol

Stuntless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Oh I don't blame GM for catering to the consumers, I blame the consumers for being retarded enough to think that a hybrid full-size SUV makes any kind of sense. If they're that worried about fuel costs/the environment then go buy a goddamn prius and stop dicking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntless
    Oh I don't blame GM for catering to the consumers, I blame the consumers for being retarded enough to think that a hybrid full-size SUV makes any kind of sense. If they're that worried about fuel costs/the environment then go buy a goddamn prius and stop dicking around.
    Yes, if gas may be a problem, then an Escalade or the General Motor product may not be right for you. Plain and simple. I think GM already sacrificed the Escalade image with the new 2007 design, but to produce that design with a hybrid motor is just deteriorating the general image together, not to mention changing the perspective on the classic history of Cadillac.

The current 02-06 is the hottest SUV to ever hit the streets. That was proven when people were adding Escalade front end conversion kits to everything! From trucks to Chevy Tahoes!! Not just because it was a front end from a luxury vehicle but because it had that agressive feel to it.

Agressive and pu$$y (excuse my language - making a point) are two words that will define the HYBRID 2007 Escalade. It may look 'decent' from the outside, but its a suped up Honda underneath the hood, driven off a battery.

Anybody who loves their Escalade and the fact driving each day under a 6.0 liter 345hp (stock) V8 motor, should be able to agree with this. What ever happened to the Escalade being the "World's most powerful full-size SUV!" Sorry, but I have too much pride for my Escalade and would hate to see it be replaced with a freakin hybrid.

What next? A hybrid Ferrari? Can't wait to hear about that!

OH... and just for laughs, I did a little photoshop work to get you guys excited about the 2007 Hybrid Escalade. lol...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.