Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hahah 25% gain? meaning right now i get 22.5 mpg? lol yeahhh right! hybriding the escalade will put it right ...
    Harrison256 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

hahah 25% gain? meaning right now i get 22.5 mpg? lol yeahhh right! hybriding the escalade will put it right up there with a like standard lexus suv or something lol

escaladefan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Hybrid Escalade might give the toyota Prius a run for the money.

Guyz1996deville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

GM has made some weird decisions in the past. Look what they did to the NOVA. Not to mention the name means no go in spanish, it really showed that with its 1980's models. I am going to hope that we get the pipelines open again and get out of these reserve prices. It is a good idea. I hope that it makes my gas powered escalade cheaper to run.

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by hornyjuan
    The premium they charge on a hybrid is what $5000? Look at how many years it would take to save 5 grand in gas. Plus once that battery takes a dump your looking at $5k-10k just to fix that *IF* anybody knows how to fix those things yet. Honestly though Toyota and Honda have that market cornered and they have GREAT marketing strategy. They have everyone believing that the Japanese make a superior car. Caddy will just lose more money in retooling their plants to produce hybrids. That's like trying to develop a new OS to compete with Windows...it aint going to happen so focus your energy elsewhere.
    My thouhgts exactly.
    These vehicles will save gas but it won't save a penny for the consumer.
    Can buy a lot of gas for $5k.
    Even at $3.00 per gallon, driving only 15 miles per gallon... you can drive 25,000 miles for $5k ..
    Will still have to spend that after 3-4 years to get the batteries replaced or fixed.

normal is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by integline
    NOt to sound like a dumb ass or a tree lover but my mom got a lexus hybrid and i bought her cadi. she got it b/c she likes big cars(although lexus is not) and needed the large room due to my little bro who is 6'2 and plays sports. Trust me she an my dad can afford the gas. Its not the gas though, its the fact that we are using a non-renewable source of energy that is in high demand from Asia and India and with the MIddle east crisis thie is no gurantee gas prices will A. stay low and B. how long the supply will last.
    Sure we got enough oil for us but what about other generations??
    Also why not have a truck that you can tow in, haul tons of people and cargo in and also get good gas mileage.
    We are in the 21st century, we should all start behaving like it. We always enjoy quicker, quieter more efficent computers, phones, etc why not get a mroe efficent Truck??

If GM wants to stay around and not be considered JUNK STATUS they need to be the innovators not the late comers. they were innovators producing a luxo suv and now they need to be innovators in technology. They need to be ahead of the game not behind it.

HOpe i dont affend anyone but to be tough you dont need to drop 10MPG. Hope you dont think im a greenie and a weanie, lol. I love my V8's.
    Personally I think your points are excellent, EVERY vehicle needs to be more efficient and GM needs to stay in business, they can ill afford to concede any advantage to the competition, either perceived or actual. The hybrid will be an OPTION, an expensive one no doubt. Some people will go for it, some won't, I can't see lambasting them for trying to stay in business, an SUV, LUV or whatever that gets better mileage is something that I am all for.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic
    Couldn't help it...

This escalade hybrid will reduce gas prices and make our dependence on foreign oil a thing of the past.

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

i agree with a few of you on the point that hybrids wont last forever. that is correct its only a matter of time before fuel alternatives are given a push. imagine gasoline alternatives that cost 10% of what it costs you now to fill the tank. someone needs to invent these alternatives and start marketing them to these big companies. im pretty sure it is possible in this day and age, if aircraft carriers launch modules run off steam or electric magnetic pulses why cant we make a vehicle that does? its only a matter of time, i just hope it comes into play soon before the gas prices rise to above $5 a gallon and Lee Robert gets another 500 million dollar bonus.

2007EXT4ME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic View Post
    Okay, I was going to say I could live with the 2007 Escalade, but a freakin HYBRID!! Cadillac is coming close to becoming lame and too conservitive.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNNYRENO View Post
    highbrids do save fuel but after 3 years you must buy new batteries and then u take it in the shorts to the tune of about 4 or 5 thousand dollars. so you show me the savings ???? its just not there its another screw job. so get in line to take it in the shorts
    and We can reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

Ed Begley Jr's gonna love this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    What do you mean by too conservative? Buyers are demanding vehicles with better gas mileage, and GM has failed to satisfy their customers demands up to this point. As I said above, I believe GMs late arrival to integrating the displacement on demand, and/or hybrid technology into their gas-guzzling SUVs [which are probably their best selling vehicles] is one of the reasons their vehicle sales and stock values have plummeted.

IMO continuing to offer the same poor selling product, and using ''employee pricing'' and other sales gimmicks to try to move those vehicles is what makes GM lazy and lame. They'll just be getting into the game with Toyota, Ford, Lexus, & Honda [and others] by offering hybrids. Waiting until 2007 to do so may prove to be too late given their current financial losses.

I definately approve of the 07 Lade design. I believe giving it the same [or more] horse power and offering buyers 20+ mpg would help it appeal to a larger market....other than loyal GM buyers like myself.
    Absolutely.

Thankfully, these treehuggers would have trade in their priuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Uria702 View Post
    i agree with a few of you on the point that hybrids wont last forever. that is correct its only a matter of time before fuel alternatives are given a push. imagine gasoline alternatives that cost 10% of what it costs you now to fill the tank. someone needs to invent these alternatives and start marketing them to these big companies. im pretty sure it is possible in this day and age, if aircraft carriers launch modules run off steam or electric magnetic pulses why cant we make a vehicle that does? its only a matter of time, i just hope it comes into play soon before the gas prices rise to above $5 a gallon and Lee Robert gets another 500 million dollar bonus.
    I Believe it is time for bring our addiction to foreign oil, it is making the U.S. Ecomony more worse.

And I Wanna thank cadillac for giving us this escalade hybrid.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Well, to all of you who think of the Hybrid idea as stupid, prissy, weak, etc., etc., it's not like you're going to be forced to buy them--it'll just be A model, and not the ONLY one. So, if anything, it'll just help Cadillac out and expand the model that much further.

That, and remember, it's always going to be a big heavy truck, so it's still going to suck gas healthily...just not as excessively. And, if anything, power will be better, with the availability of both the gas engine and electric motor running at the same time.

But up to this point, I've yet to see much in the way of a discussion anymore about an Escalade Hybrid, so it could still be a while off, if at all. The Tahoe and Yukon models with the system are in testing, yes, but I just haven't heard anything about the Caddy...maybe it won't get a version afterall.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser View Post
    Well, to all of you who think of the Hybrid idea as stupid, prissy, weak, etc., etc., it's not like you're going to be forced to buy them--it'll just be A model, and not the ONLY one. So, if anything, it'll just help Cadillac out and expand the model that much further.

That, and remember, it's always going to be a big heavy truck, so it's still going to suck gas healthily...just not as excessively. And, if anything, power will be better, with the availability of both the gas engine and electric motor running at the same time.

But up to this point, I've yet to see much in the way of a discussion anymore about an Escalade Hybrid, so it could still be a while off, if at all. The Tahoe and Yukon models with the system are in testing, yes, but I just haven't heard anything about the Caddy...maybe it won't get a version afterall.
    I agree. I will definitely get one of those hybrid emblems so I can drive in the HOV lane. For those who don't know, Florida state allows hybrid vehicles to drive in the HOV lane with one person in the car. Haha! I will take full advantage of this hybrid Escalade, but I would not buy one myself.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.