Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Stuntless Sounds to me like they're trying to beat the Japanese at their own game, I don't ...
    fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntless
    Sounds to me like they're trying to beat the Japanese at their own game, I don't think it will work. I mean I really can't wait to see a hybrid Escalade on the road so I can see who the hell is driving it. I'm betting money it's going to be some soccer mom who thinks she's making the world a better place by driving a 6000lb hybrid lol.
    haha

also screw hybrids, those things are gonna put my country outta business!!

hahah

OCESCALADE is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Here is something that no one seems to be talking about is the batteries. What if your in an accident? I don't want leakage, volatile gases and fires from them shorting out while being injured, trapped or unconscious. Forget it. Buy a lighter car with a 4 cylinder and be done with it.

florindo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Most of the newer hybrids actually have more power because they can use both the electric motor and the fuel one. I am going to buy one but I might actually wait for the hybrid version to see how much more power it has

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by florindo
    Most of the newer hybrids actually have more power because they can use both the electric motor and the fuel one. I am going to buy one but I might actually wait for the hybrid version to see how much more power it has

umm they have the same power as gas engines when they use gas, and when they run on battery the power is less. I do not think it ever surpasses the normal gas engine.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by fast66
    umm they have the same power as gas engines when they use gas, and when they run on battery the power is less. I do not think it ever surpasses the normal gas engine.
    Actually they do, and some of you need to get a little more "in the know" before commenting.

Hammer down (pedal to the floor), both gas and electric run together and you get max power, more than what the gas engine alone would. Or, it can run on one or the other depending on how fast you're going or how hard you're pushing it. Why do you think a big marketing line of the Lexus RX400 hybrid crossover was that it gave you V8 power with V6 economy? That's why...

The power isn't less, by any means, and isn't meant to be.

Aperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by
    What next? A hybrid Ferrari? Can't wait to hear about that! :suspense:

OH... and just for laughs, I did a little photoshop work to get you guys excited about the 2007 Hybrid Escalade. lol...
    [IMG
    http://www.synergeticstudios.com/misc/cadillacforums/hybrid_escalade.jpg[/IMG]

Now that's funny

Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

do you really have to plug hybrids in at night and stuff?

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Spittin Game
    do you really have to plug hybrids in at night and stuff?
    I sincerely hope you're joking.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Spittin Game is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E

nah, someone said "could you imagine having to plug it in at the mall to get home"

I dont know, Ive never wanted a hybrid, so I know zero about them.

Falkolade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3

nothing like my cromed out, pimped out, thuged out... 07 escalade hybrid... 2mpgs better homie

Sta11ion is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hybrid is a waste, they should put it as a option but hybrid dont work on trucks this big, you think 20 batteries in the truck weigh nothing at 50 pounds a batterie, special alternators on the sheels to charge the batterys. More electronics that would add a easy 1000 pounds when its all done. The way of the future is hydrogen. Thats it. If anything they should have a diesel option for the escalade then I can see gas saving.

Stuntless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This was posted in the DTS forum, but sums it up perfectly:

Sort of off topic but the future of the hybrid cars doesn't seem very bright. According to the Detroit News this morning, editorial;

"A hybrid shortcircuit

Gasoline-electric hybrid cars get the fuel economy buzz, but they still don't pay for themselves at the pump. Edmunds.com found that the Ford Escape hybrid would break even over five years with its gasoline counterpart only if gas cost $5.60 a gallon. For a Toyota Prius, the tipping point is $10.10 (compared with a Corolla). That's hardly electrifying."

haute_heir is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

This hybrid thing is shit! Though I hate 'wasting' money frivilously on shit like inflated gas prices, electrifying the escalade is not something of interest to me. I was curious about whether or not the Escalade would offer an optional engine that would switch to 4cyl when cruising, but engage all 8 under hard driving, but I don't like the electric idea. I'm not too up to date on the new gas saving technology of engines, but doesn't the 300C run on 4cyl and 8cyl without batteries?

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

NOt to sound like a dumb ass or a tree lover but my mom got a lexus hybrid and i bought her cadi. she got it b/c she likes big cars(although lexus is not) and needed the large room due to my little bro who is 6'2 and plays sports. Trust me she an my dad can afford the gas. Its not the gas though, its the fact that we are using a non-renewable source of energy that is in high demand from Asia and India and with the MIddle east crisis thie is no gurantee gas prices will A. stay low and B. how long the supply will last.
    Sure we got enough oil for us but what about other generations??
    Also why not have a truck that you can tow in, haul tons of people and cargo in and also get good gas mileage.
    We are in the 21st century, we should all start behaving like it. We always enjoy quicker, quieter more efficent computers, phones, etc why not get a mroe efficent Truck??

If GM wants to stay around and not be considered JUNK STATUS they need to be the innovators not the late comers. they were innovators producing a luxo suv and now they need to be innovators in technology. They need to be ahead of the game not behind it.

HOpe i dont affend anyone but to be tough you dont need to drop 10MPG. Hope you dont think im a greenie and a weanie, lol. I love my V8's.

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by integline
    NOt to sound like a dumb ass or a tree lover but my mom got a lexus hybrid and i bought her cadi. she got it b/c she likes big cars(although lexus is not) and needed the large room due to my little bro who is 6'2 and plays sports. Trust me she an my dad can afford the gas. Its not the gas though, its the fact that we are using a non-renewable source of energy that is in high demand from Asia and India and with the MIddle east crisis thie is no gurantee gas prices will A. stay low and B. how long the supply will last.
    Sure we got enough oil for us but what about other generations??
    Also why not have a truck that you can tow in, haul tons of people and cargo in and also get good gas mileage.
    We are in the 21st century, we should all start behaving like it. We always enjoy quicker, quieter more efficent computers, phones, etc why not get a mroe efficent Truck??

If GM wants to stay around and not be considered JUNK STATUS they need to be the innovators not the late comers. they were innovators producing a luxo suv and now they need to be innovators in technology. They need to be ahead of the game not behind it.

HOpe i dont affend anyone but to be tough you dont need to drop 10MPG. Hope you dont think im a greenie and a weanie, lol. I love my V8's.

Naw, I agree...im gonna check it out when it comes out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.