Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hybrid Escalade...
    jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: Hybrid Cadillac Escalade to be offered in fall of 2007

Hybrid Escalade

hornyjuan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The premium they charge on a hybrid is what $5000? Look at how many years it would take to save 5 grand in gas. Plus once that battery takes a dump your looking at $5k-10k just to fix that *IF* anybody knows how to fix those things yet. Honestly though Toyota and Honda have that market cornered and they have GREAT marketing strategy. They have everyone believing that the Japanese make a superior car. Caddy will just lose more money in retooling their plants to produce hybrids. That's like trying to develop a new OS to compete with Windows...it aint going to happen so focus your energy elsewhere.

DenverEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have to agree... the hybrid idea is ridiculous. If they wanted to make a more fuel efficient engine, they should have followed Chrysler's lead with the DoD. They need to just buy a bunch of the Hemis from Chrysler and stick them in the Escalade. Those are a better engine with a lot more potential than anything GM has out right now anyway.

escaladefan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Escalade Hybrid is good for people who are tired of high gas prices, because Most of them today are even worse.

JOHNNYRENO is offline Cadillac Owners Member

highbrids do save fuel but after 3 years you must buy new batteries and then u take it in the shorts to the tune of about 4 or 5 thousand dollars. so you show me the savings ???? its just not there its another screw job. so get in line to take it in the shorts

Stuntless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yeah the Hybrid cost is another good point. Before my Escalade I had a Ford Escape Limited, I was looking at the Hybrid Escape for the same dumb reasons and the dealer told me that not only were they $5k more than a similarly equipped model, but there were NO discounts or incentives on them and there was even a damn waiting list. He basically told me I'd be better off getting the base model 4 cylinder with a manual transmission, it would get the same gas mileage and cost a helluva lot less. I mean like it was said how much do you think you'll really save in gas versus the increased sticker price and maintenance costs?
    They had an interesting article in Playboy a few months back about the whole perception about GM and American cars, how American cars are considered poor in quality next to the Japanese. The truth turned out to be that in the last few years GM has been scoring better than the Japanese makers in customer satisfaction, plant conditions, and automotive awards. But the perception is still there that Japanese autos are always better. They interviewed some lady about how good her Toyota was and she said something like "oh it's great, really reliable. Every time I have a problem they only have to fix it once and it's fixed for good.....". It's like if a GM car breaks down or has a problem well then of course it's because it's American, but if a Toyota breaks down or has a problem then it must be a fluke...

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by hornyjuan
    The premium they charge on a hybrid is what $5000? Look at how many years it would take to save 5 grand in gas.
    There's the trouble with hybrids. To pay for the premium you'd have to keep the damn thing for several years. I believe the cost is prohibitive in large SUVs, which makes the DOD function much more feasible. I actually agree with the negativity toward the idea. Hybrid SUVs do little more than make the people who own them feel like they're "saving the environment"......which is good until they have to dump those toxic batteries into a land fill.

Maybe...hopefully that is not the direction Cadillac takes the Escalade line. The DOD would be better suited IMO.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Awesome, glad you finally agree Rolex. Now your talking...

Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Guys. Some of you are missing the point. It's not like "THE" 2007 Escalade is going to be a Hybrid. There's going to be a Hybrid version - that's all - in addition to the regular, gas powered Cadillac Escalade. If you don't want a hybrid, don't buy one. If you don't mind a hybrid, you want an Escalade and you don't mind saving gas, then you buy one. What's the problem?

The foreign companies like Honda and Toyota have these hybrids as an option to their customers. GM should not?
    Have an iPhone? Than you can get involved right now. Click here to download Cars Connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    GM should not?
    Nope. Personal opinions and reasoning has already been made.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Quote Originally Posted by Synergetic
    Nope. Personal opinions and reasoning has already been made.
    Haha! The Escalade Crew sticks together.

Thanks.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator
    The foreign companies like Honda and Toyota have these hybrids as an option to their customers. GM should not?
    That could be a bigger question than we realize. Would selling a hybrid option actually boost sales? Would those sales be enough to justify the R&D of such a vehicle, or is the whole idea cost prohibitive?

I beileve there's some "cosmic push" or consumer demand that is causing this market shift toward hybrid technology........so like it or not, here it comes.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex
    That could be a bigger question than we realize. Would selling a hybrid option actually boost sales? Would those sales be enough to justify the R&D of such a vehicle, or is the whole idea cost prohibitive?

I beileve there's some "cosmic push" or consumer demand that is causing this market shift toward hybrid technology........so like it or not, here it comes.
    Good point. Maybe they're trying to lower the manufacturing cost for them, which means no worries when they start offering the "Employee Pricing" BS again.

Stuntless is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sounds to me like they're trying to beat the Japanese at their own game, I don't think it will work. I mean I really can't wait to see a hybrid Escalade on the road so I can see who the hell is driving it. I'm betting money it's going to be some soccer mom who thinks she's making the world a better place by driving a 6000lb hybrid lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntless
    Sounds to me like they're trying to beat the Japanese at their own game, I don't think it will work. I mean I really can't wait to see a hybrid Escalade on the road so I can see who the hell is driving it. I'm betting money it's going to be some soccer mom who thinks she's making the world a better place by driving a 6000lb hybrid lol.
    Haha.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.