2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Alright gentlemen I need some honest answers here. I am 26 years old and I start my first full time ...
    TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please

Alright gentlemen I need some honest answers here.

I am 26 years old and I start my first full time job as an attorney this summer (I graduate in May) at a large Kansas City Law firm. I worked at this firm last summer as a law clerk but I mostly drove my GF's accord to work because I didn't want the older lawyers to think I was a punk. Only 1 or 2 guys noticed my Lade which had 24's and they at first made fun of it until I told them it was mine. I chalk this up to jealousy but whatever. Anyways my Dad offered to but me a new ride for graduation and I want a new Lade when they come out, but don't want to seem like a *****. Here are my options:

1) Get the 07 Lade, put my 24's on it.

2) Get the 07, get some 20's

3) Get the 07, keep it stock

4) Get a Yukon or Tahoe

What should I do?

Ta TownBacker

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please

I ordered my 07' with the 22"s, I will get a set of stock 18's for the winter , get an 07', they are very nice.

vietfob714 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade EXT

get an 07 and put your 24s on it... if they are jealous... tough

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black Escalade

The problem is I am afraid they will not take me seriously. Law is a stuck up business, they will preceive me as some wanna be rapper I think. They don't appreciate the fact rims make the Lade complete. Even my Dad who is 57 thinks so.

Ta TownBacker

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

What you drive as well as what you wear will make an impression on colleagues and clients. You worked hard to get to where you are now, and you deserve nice things. I would vote you get the 07 with upgraded factory wheels, and leave the flashy 24s off. JMHO.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

ZX_man is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Escalade

Honestly does it really matter what co-workers think? I would say your clients pay the bills not “Tom, Dick or Hank” in the next office. I work for a large semiconductor equipment manufacturer and hear the same thing from my co-workers…even managers. I brush it off. It’s your truck, do what you wish. I say an 07 with 24’s or even 26’s. That’s my opinion. Don’t let others dictate your happiness.

“Please all and you will please none”

Regards

Walter

blingblingcv is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I would say go with the stock 20s or maybe the 22s. I would keep it simple and professional. To tell you the truth the guys at that level will think of you as a jerk. I had an internship at a well known bank, and it was not good having my escalade.

CTSVONFIRE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Screw it go for the 28's, and drive a beater to work.

averagehonky is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Worked hard ? The plumber worked hard. Deserve nice things ? Aren't you suppossed to earn them ? I'm hoping this 'do the least for the most' mentality really bites the dust as the way, thankfully, it's headed. More for the people that really work.

Oh yeah, 22's.

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Just get the '07 with stock 20's and then slap on the 24's after you've earned some of the respect you deserve.

suckit is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It's ya whip mayn, people hate b/c they want it. Most people don't go big b/c they can't. Yawadamean

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

It's up to you man. If it was me, I would get the 07 and put the 24's on. Do you actually care what other people think? It is really up to you and you only. If you care what other people are going to think, then just do the factory 20's or 22's. I think you will be happiest with your 24's though. Good luck and let us know what you are going to do.

Thanks.

csmooth79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I agree with most opinions, but the fact that it concerns you should be telling you something. I am the first to say do what makes you happy, but in the interest of the beginning of your career let me tell you from experience you might be better off getting a honda ... ... (dont shoot).

Use the honda to go to work, keep the 07 in the garage or send it down to our friend on the forum (I think it's meade817?) who will trick it out. By the time you get it back you will have the hottest 07 on the street, and/or put the rims on and keep it as a play toy. Either way buy your truck b/c that's what you put the work in for.

I go through what you dont want to and I am only saying this b/c I dont think its fair, but this world isnt fair so .....

Synergetic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 ESCALADE

Mannn, stop worrying about what other people think. If your Dad is willing to buy you a brand new freakin Escalade, take the opportunity!!!!!! They're only jealous.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by averagehonky
    Worked hard ? The plumber worked hard. Deserve nice things ? Aren't you suppossed to earn them ? I'm hoping this 'do the least for the most' mentality really bites the dust as the way, thankfully, it's headed. More for the people that really work.

Oh yeah, 22's.
    Do you know why it is that everybody doesn't go on to college or graduate school? Because is not easy. It's actually a sacrifice....and hard work, even though it's not in the form of manual labor. I hope you're not suggesting that he didn't work hard for his degrees, or that he doesn't deserve to reap the rewards. I am especially offended when people suggest that getting a higher education is somehow not "hard work."

According to the US Census Bureau, on average someone with a Bachelor's degree earns $51,206—almost double the $27,915 earned annually by someone with only a high school diploma. The average bachelor's degree holder earns 96% more than a person with a high school diploma or equivalent. The average master's degree holder earns 146% more per year. There's a reason for that my friend...the money and hard work invested up front, is rewarded in the end.

While I risk offending you by saying this, I have to put it out there. The only people who cannot appreciate the sacrifice and hard work put into higher education, are the uneducated. And whether people arrive at having nice things by good old hard work via manual labor, or via higher education, who are you to say who should or should not get their just deserves?

ETA: to be clear: I would never challenge someone's right to own nice things because they don't have a higher education. And I dislike someone insuinating that Ta TownBacker [and of course Rolex] didn't work hard to get an education, and therefore don't deserve nice things.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.