2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Go w/ 20 or 22's and put a trailer w/ toyz, (boat, jet skis,quads or a bike). Dude I am ...
    40 Acres is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please

Go w/ 20 or 22's and put a trailer w/ toyz, (boat, jet skis,quads or a bike). Dude I am in the millitary and we don't make BIGGGG bank but We do aight if we manage it I roll my LADE to work on nice days (mayb once a week). But in the summer when I roll it I my 23' bayliner hooked up to it, and other times I have my bike. The hell with what others think you earned it. Get some plates that fit you. I have "40 ACRES"

Sky High Ent. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Get a porsche! All old guys love em, they will envy you and you won't look like Malibu's most wanted.

Sky High Ent. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

CADDY2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I would trick out the 07 and get a cheaper second car to drive to work.

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for the responses fellas. What I am worried about is that most lawyers are old school and think a Lade on 24's (or any Lade owned by a 26 year old) is ghetto. I will be the lowest of the lawyers (an associate) and eventually want to become a partner and I don't want then to think I am lazy because my father (who grew up with nothing and made a lot) bought me a nice car. On the other hand I would hope that these guys (the partners) would buy their children nice cars some day and look past it. I am a hard worker. I played 5 years of college football (1 redshirt season) at a DI school, went to Law School, etc. I am not some punk. I am for sure getting the '07 Lade, but holding off on the rim decision unless I can be convinced one way or another. A 2nd car is not an option because I don't want to pay the insurance, but I might drive my GF's.

Ta TownBacker

andrew99eldorado is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Dont let what they think bother you. But if there opinion really matters to you or how you are percieved at work, get the 07 with stock 22's. That is a really classy looking truck. (Black in my opinion) I went to the detroit auto show and DUB had the 07 lade on 26's, and it looked amazing.

Waxhat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Keep it stock with the 20's. It is all about image and the image about you want to project of yourself to the partners of the law firm. Go conservative ,the senior partners will recognize the class of your Escalade without you going over the top.Keep it low key, the the older partners are probably old school and will judge you. It's to bad but it's reality.Here where I live Escalades are a dime a dozen they are everywhere. But they are all kept pretty much stock because becuase people will label you.It's the best ride out there you should see the faces when I have the boat in tow that really gets them talkin. Good luck with your choice.

jrs05caddyext is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Screw what people think. I’m not going to deprive myself from owning something I want because of what people might think or say.

silverviper is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My wife also an attorney took my Viper to a golf outing. She was the talk of the firm. Many thought she was stuck up and conservative. After seeing her pull up in a 05 silver snake, partners who never approached her are now some of her best friends.
    Keep your own identity. That is most likely one of the reasons they hired you in the first place. 24's all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Thumbs up Re: 2007 Lade for fresh grad? Help please

I'd have thought fellow attorneys would think it cool if you had a dressed up Lade or any other high profile vehicle.
    I personally want the full comfort and ride the Lades are designed for and like everything stock with maybe a few personal low profile enhancements but ...
    that doesn't mean I don't like seeing something with 24's and a little blinged out.
    No matter what you have or do, there will always be someone who doesn't like what you do or have.
    Go with the 07 Lade for sure and then do what ever turns you on.

Chopper9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Maybe next, you'll want advice on what suit to wear to your first trial.

Grow a pair.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper9
    Maybe next, you'll want advice on what suit to wear to your first trial.
    And if he does why would you have a problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper9
    Grow a pair.
    Great attitude.

The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

natredde is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Factory 22"s are the way to go. Not too big and very classy.

integline is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Get 2. one for them to see and one for your boys to see!! lol, screw them. or if you want to sell your 24's let me know. if your interested teamsolous@yahoo.com later

TaTownBacker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks for all your help guys, I really appreciate it.

Ta TownBacker

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.