Saw the 2007 Tahoe in Person today.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Saw the 2007 Tahoe in Person today. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was at the King of Prussia mall today near Philadelphia and they had a Chevy showcase there. In there ...
    Escolade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Saw the 2007 Tahoe in Person today.

I was at the King of Prussia mall today near Philadelphia and they had a Chevy showcase there. In there was the 2007 Tahoe, next to the C6 ZO6. The 2007 Tahoe looked very nice. I think that they are going to score big with the people who begin to buy them. I'll put it to you this way, the way I look at it is, if the Tahoe was that impressive looking, then the Escalade is going to be mind blowing in person.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Saw the 2007 Tahoe in Person today.

I was told the '07s are in production and are going to start going out on the transport trucks in a couple weeks.

mikeee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Ive seen it in person and I thought it was a Ford Expedition CLONE that was tweaked later. Disgusting vehicle and quite embarrasing for GM. You couldnt pay me to drive a vehicle that could possibly be mistaken for a Ford, ever.

Just MHO

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I saw a black Escalade at a large local dealer this weekend, it was on it's way to a show, much nicer than present Escalade, it did not look like parts were just bolted on like my present Escalade.

Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have a new SL600 I may buy that is a killer deal...
    I'd love to see the lade though even though I really dont need another SUV...I'm sure it will drive better than my 02...its just that I want something that is straight badass....A SL600 with full AMG package, black on black is another type of animal...as some of you know I was getting a CLS but my good friend bought one and it is not my style...too cramped inside with those windows, and too much like a low roofed E500...I'm going SL baby for the second time in my life.

brett79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lade
    I'd love to see the lade though even though I really dont need another SUV...I'm sure it will drive better than my 02...its just that I want something that is straight badass....A SL600 with full AMG package, black on black is another type of animal...as some of you know I was getting a CLS but my good friend bought one and it is not my style...too cramped inside with those windows, and too much like a low roofed E500...I'm going SL baby for the second time in my life.
    You have been talking about this Benz for a while now. Every post...go buy it already. Don't be a window shopper!

tcorbett is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ok I am confused. First of all there is no Sl600 AMG there is only a SL55 AMG and an SL65 AMG. Secondly how is the CLS cramped compared too a two door SL? I understand that it feels more open with the top down but lets be honest there is definitly more room in the CLS. And I was also curious how you decide to go from a $65,000 ($87,000 if its AMG) CLS to a $185,000 SL? That seems like a pretty big jump because you feel a little cramped!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by tcorbett
    Ok I am confused. First of all there is no Sl600 AMG there is only a SL55 AMG and an SL65 AMG. Secondly how is the CLS cramped compared too a two door SL? I understand that it feels more open with the top down but lets be honest there is definitly more room in the CLS. And I was also curious how you decide to go from a $65,000 ($87,000 if its AMG) CLS to a $185,000 SL? That seems like a pretty big jump because you feel a little cramped!
    I guess he means, as the old saying goes... AMG "Kitted"... Bolt on AMG stuff.

tcorbett is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    I guess he means, as the old saying goes... AMG "Kitted"... Bolt on AMG stuff.
    Yeah I guess that could be it too. Just seems like a pretty cheesy thing to do to an $80,000 car.

tcorbett:
    The SL600 starts at around $131,675 and an AMG package is an option which adds more aero-dynamic factory bumpers/side skirts and different AMG designed wheels. Your comment of "Just seems like a pretty cheesy thing to do to an $80,000 car", is quite ignorant. When buying a car that retails well over a $100K, a $5000 AMG sport package is a "must have" for probably 90% of all SL600 buyers...go look at Autotrader and see how most are optioned out. Also, have you driven a SL or a CLS?...I have. Have you spent more than an hour in the cabin of each?...I have. The CLS produces a very cramped feel due to the small windows and narrow E class sized interior...(My good friend bought one 1 week ago fully loaded minus keyless go and distronic, so I have really had time to feel it out from top to bottom) The SL is by far more open feeling wise for the driver at least, whether the actual dimensions point to it or not- but of couse offers no rear seating. The 05 600's have an incredible amount of incentives...the cls's are only 06's meaning due to the high residual and end of the year discounts/money factor, I can can get the better car for my needs at a much more affordable price than usual.

Brett79: If this means being a "window shopper" for a while, so be it...although I will be the one playing the actual 50cent song in a black on black 493 hp SL600 with the "top down". LOL
    This is not my 1st benz purchase...I am negotiating one of the best deals ever seen on this car with the 1st and 2nd most high volume dealers in the USA and saved over $10000 from the time I started bringing it up in threads, until the current time which I am attempting to buy. I guess it takes time to get a deal which I can truly afford.

tcorbett:
    The SL600 starts at around $131,675 and an AMG package is an option which adds more aero-dynamic factory bumpers/side skirts and different AMG designed wheels. Your comment of "Just seems like a pretty cheesy thing to do to an $80,000 car", is quite ignorant. When buying a car that retails well over a $100K, a $5000 AMG sport package is a "must have" for probably 90% of all SL600 buyers...go look at Autotrader and see how most are optioned out. Also, have you driven a SL or a CLS?...I have. Have you spent more than an hour in the cabin of each?...I have. The CLS produces a very cramped feel due to the small windows and narrow E class sized interior...(My good friend bought one 1 week ago fully loaded minus keyless go and distronic, so I have really had time to feel it out from top to bottom) The SL is by far more open feeling wise for the driver at least, whether the actual dimensions point to it or not- but of couse offers no rear seating. The 05 600's have an incredible amount of incentives...the cls's are only 06's meaning due to the high residual and end of the year discounts/money factor, I can can get the better car for my needs at a much more affordable price than usual.

Brett79: If this means being a "window shopper" for a while, so be it...although I will be the one playing the actual 50cent song in a black on black 493 hp SL600 with the "top down". LOL
    This is not my 1st benz purchase...I am negotiating one of the best deals ever seen on this car with the 1st and 2nd most high volume dealers in the USA and saved over $10000 from the time I started bringing it up in threads, until the current time which I am attempting to buy. I guess it takes time to get a deal which I can truly afford.
    It's all jokes, im just saying you have been talking about this for a very very long time...and im trying to get you to buy it so you can tell me what its like.

fast66 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

tcorbett:
    The SL600 starts at around $131,675 and an AMG package is an option which adds more aero-dynamic factory bumpers/side skirts and different AMG designed wheels.

$130K!!!!?? My cousin just bought a brand new sl55 for $125K.(36K Kuwaiti Dinars), are they supposed to cheaper? It seems strange.

Yes, the new SL600 Roadster starts at around that. MSRP $131,675

Brett79: I know youre just joshing bud....its just that I do feel like a window shopper...sometimes its better to loose a little and just get the deal done so you can focus on other more important issues...but in this case I have to make the #'s work cuz they are just too much.

fast66: the 55 is more wanted due to the "AMG" hype, so the discounts on the 600 seem better...plus the AMG holds its value a touch better...but enthusiasts say that although they are both rated at 493 hp, the 600 is a faster car and is toned down if anything so buyers will have to make a decision not biased by hp #'s. The 600 is also by far the better car to modify as well...the 55 is already pretty much maxed out and has the better breaks standard. I will keep it stock but may add rims if I don't get the AMG package...

Sky High Ent. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah, I almost bought a Bentley Gt but I was like 300K short.

If you get that benz post some pics up so we believe you .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.