Tire size and Brands for 2007 Escalades?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Tire size and Brands for 2007 Escalades? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The tires size for the 2007 Lades are stated as P265/65 18's .. I've been searching for different brands in ...
    Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Tire size and Brands for 2007 Escalades?

The tires size for the 2007 Lades are stated as P265/65 18's ..
    I've been searching for different brands in that size and it doesn't seem as though there are many, if any, available.
    I was particularly interested in Bridgestones.
    Anyone have any info.
    Thanks in advance.
    Regards.. Frank

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

Re: Tire size and Brands for 2007 Escalades?

Wait. The size of the rim on the new Escalade is 18". That is really disappointing because anything under 20" is definitly too small. Cadillac really needs to make the rim at least 20" to keep up the look of the new Escalade.

Thanks.

slimm44 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

the standard size is 18". you can also get 22's.

05 Cadillac Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None - 2007 Range Rover

That's what I like to hear. The fact that they offer 22's from the factory is great. I am doing aftermarket 22's for my 2005 Escalade. That makes me feel better.

Thanks.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Standard 18's:
    265/65R18 (Not sure of exact brand/model, but should be the same Bridgestone's as with the 22's)

Optional 22's:
    285/45R22 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza

You aren't going to find a lot of alternate choices, most likely, this early, but give it some time for some actual GMT-900's to get out on the road with their new stock tire/wheel sizes and the tire companies will likely be quick to get some more alternatives out there.

Dif

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Cadillac Escalade
    Wait. The size of the rim on the new Escalade is 18". That is really disappointing because anything under 20" is definitly too small. Cadillac really needs to make the rim at least 20" to keep up the look of the new Escalade.
    Thanks.
    Yes for some anything less than 22's is small for looks.
    I'm in the Northeast and looking for ride and comfort since the roads are not the greatest.. Summer or Winter.
    Low profile tires don't stand a chance here with pot holes in the winter and just general lack of smooth road surface year round.
    I'm running Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my stock 04 and they are Excellent for summer or winter.
    The new 22's for the 2007 look great but for the stock 18's I'd want to get another set of Duelers if I get a 2007.
    It's another can of worms but they certainly don't design these vehicles with winter weather in mind.
    Take the windshield wipers for example.. will they be able to pop them up away from the windshield on the new 2007.
    On the current model you're lucky of you can lift them enough to even get your hand under them to clean snow off the windshield... or to replace the wiper blades for that matter.
    Anyway.. looking forward to seeing the new 2007 in person.
    Thanks guys for the tire info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dif
    Yes for some anything less than 22's is small for looks.
    I'm in the Northeast and looking for ride and comfort since the roads are not the greatest.. Summer or Winter.
    Low profile tires don't stand a chance here with pot holes in the winter and just general lack of smooth road surface year round.
    I'm running Bridgestone Dueler AT's on my stock 04 and they are Excellent for summer or winter.
    The new 22's for the 2007 look great but for the stock 18's I'd want to get another set of Duelers if I get a 2007.
    It's another can of worms but they certainly don't design these vehicles with winter weather in mind.
    Take the windshield wipers for example.. will they be able to pop them up away from the windshield on the new 2007.
    On the current model you're lucky of you can lift them enough to even get your hand under them to clean snow off the windshield... or to replace the wiper blades for that matter.
    Anyway.. looking forward to seeing the new 2007 in person.
    Thanks guys for the tire info.
    I'm with you on the wiper thing--drives me insane. Neither our '02 Avalanche or '04 Suburban had wipers arms that could be stood, but strangely, when I detailed a client's '99 Silverado, I was shocked that it had the feature--made me want to go find some junk yard wiper arms and swap.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

My wipers on my 02 stand up fine when I'm changing the blades or clearing snow.
    ~Steve

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb
    My wipers on my 02 stand up fine when I'm changing the blades or clearing snow.
    Well, so you can lift them and they'll "lock" at a 90 deg. angle--without you having to hold on? That's what they, apparently, got rid of after some of the earliest models.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by caddycruiser
    Well, so you can lift them and they'll "lock" at a 90 deg. angle--without you having to hold on? That's what they, apparently, got rid of after some of the earliest models.
    That's exactly what I can do. It sucks that they took that away.
    ~Steve

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I ordered my 07' with 22's, I hope the 17" stock 02' to 06' wheels will fit so the Bridgestone Revo's will fit, they don't make them in sizes for wheels over 17"

Dif

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone
    I ordered my 07' with 22's, I hope the 17" stock 02' to 06' wheels will fit so the Bridgestone Revo's will fit, they don't make them in sizes for wheels over 17"
    I'd agree with caddycruiser.
    Once the vehicles are out there, or maybe even before... those tire sizes should become available.
    I checked the Bridgestone home page for the 18 and 22 inch tires that are shown coming on the 2007's and even they ( Bridgestone ) don't have them listed as available.
    They must be making them though because they have them on the 2007's in all the pictures like the one in the above post.
    I noticed they're labeled Touring tires though.
    Even with the all wheel drive,..Unless they have a fairly aggressive tread, they won't be much good in winter weather/snow.

csmooth79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by slk230mb
    That's exactly what I can do. It sucks that they took that away.
    I cant seem to get mine to stay up, I have an 02'. Do you think I just need to PULL it harder? or are your wiper arms aftermarket?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.