Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2008 Escalade EXT Service Airbag Message

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  czr 
#1 ·
Hello,

I own a 2008 Escalade EXT. I recently had the message Service Airbag message popup on the dash. The message comes on every time I start the vehicle. It does not seem like it even checks the airbag because it immediately displays the message. It acts like a failed sensor that is causing the problem but I have no idea where the sensor is located on these units. Does anyone have a suggestion for me on where to look for the problem. Any help would be much appreciated. I did recently change the drivers door lock actuator. I don't think the two are related but thought I would put that out there.

Thanks,

Brad

#2 ·
Your going to need a Tech2 to diagnose the SRS system, otherwise you will be spinning your wheels. This is one of those rare instances where I suggest a dealer visit.

----------

Also any GM dealer can do this. Not just Cadillac. Call around and see who has the best price on diagnostic fees. Should be around $80 or so.

#5 ·
Hi Brad,
I have the same issue on my 09 Escalade that just popped up last week and doing the same exact as you described. Were you able to find the secret to fixing it? I figured go this route before getting socked with a not so nice bill at the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.