Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is this antenna for?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  SpyShops NY 
#1 ·
This antenna is in the driver's side rear window in a 2010 ESV that I am buying. The salesguy (Chevrolet) doesn't know what it's for. Anyone know?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I thought is was aftermarket also. Then I found this video of the car when it was for sale new at the original dealer. At :24 seconds you can see the antenna in the window.

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/xev9fz_2010-cadillac-escalade-esv-for-sale_auto

I just called the original dealer and first they said it was an aftermarket starter antenna. When I questioned that he went and asked the shop foreman who thinks it's an AM radio antenna.

#10 ·
It just provides communication *back to* the fob. Most fobs are one way. You push a button and it sends the signal to the car.
With this system your car will send info back to the fob and display it on the screen. (Which I'm assuming you didn't get)

I installed this system on the 07 Yukon I just traded in, and the sales guys had never seen it before. I was a little shocked seeing as its a Genuine GM accessory and carries a GM part number.
I'll create a new thread with pics and info on the system.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.