OnStar out of service
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, OnStar out of service in Cadillac Escalade Forums; After going away for two weeks, when I returned, my EXT battery was dead. No big deal, it was three ...
    Jaxpa1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT

OnStar out of service

After going away for two weeks, when I returned, my EXT battery was dead. No big deal, it was three years old and I AM in hot Florida.

Swapped out the battery and all started, EXCEPT.

The Onstar never came back on. Nothing has changed except the car battery and I cannot get Onstar.

Can anyone tell me where the Onstar unit is and how I can check it or replace it without taking it to the rip off dealer.

For instance, they wanted $275 for the replacement battery that I got from a chevy dealer for $150.00.

I am quite capable of changing this out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

OnStar Advisor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: OnStar out of service

Jaxpa1,

I'm sorry to hear you're experience some trouble using your OnStar system. I would be happy to troubleshoot and resolve this issue for you. Please PM me your contact information. Thank you, I look forward to speaking with you soon.

-Johnua, OnStar Advisor
    Social Media Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxpa1 View Post
    After going away for two weeks, when I returned, my EXT battery was dead. No big deal, it was three years old and I AM in hot Florida.

Swapped out the battery and all started, EXCEPT.

The Onstar never came back on. Nothing has changed except the car battery and I cannot get Onstar.

Can anyone tell me where the Onstar unit is and how I can check it or replace it without taking it to the rip off dealer.

For instance, they wanted $275 for the replacement battery that I got from a chevy dealer for $150.00.

I am quite capable of changing this out.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I have seen the hvac system and the radio not come on after a dead battery, but never seen OnStar not work.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Jaxpa1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 EXT

I found a TSB online from Onstar that recognizes this problem and direct owners to the dealer for replacement. I never received this TSB notification. Can I still get it replaced under this TSB? Apparently it happens with enough regularity of there to be a TSB about it. The bulletin number is #09-08-46-004B. This has the EXACT problems I am experiencing.

7. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.