Face lift modification from 2008 to 2014
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Face lift modification from 2008 to 2014 in Cadillac Escalade Forums; HI! i have a 2008 cadillac escalade and i want to know if i can do: 1. change the rear ...
    Julian-S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade 2008

Face lift modification from 2008 to 2014

HI!
    i have a 2008 cadillac escalade and i want to know if i can do:

1. change the rear bumper with the one with dual exhaust tips (is this possible? does it fit 1:1)

2. if it fits, will i be able to instal exhaust tips on it vecause of the (screws which ties them to bumper)

3. replace front bumper and grill with the 2014 ones (will it fit 1:1?)

4. the most important thing, i wanna change my old headlight withe the new LED ones (is this possible, what do i need to change to make them running. Do i need to change lights computer or what)

Please anyone, if somebody knows something please

regards Julian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Fifty9cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1959

Re: Face lift modification from 2008 to 2014

The body styles are slightly different so I don't think you're going to be able to do any of those modifications 1:1. I could be wrong but you will need some fab work to get the new brackets to line up correctly. You can change out the conventional bulbs with an LED kit, there are plenty on the market to choose from. Just do a quick Google search because there are a lot of styles to choose from.

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

The front end is a bolt on conversion, I did mine here, http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post12708473

It really has NOTHING to do with the year, and more the package, (non platinum to Platinum).

The rear is possible, although not a 1:1, as you will need to mode the muffler, and such.
    LED headlights are possible, you would need the special wiring harness, and there are some issues such as brightness of the lights, and the DLR not working (if memory serves me).

waw niceeee ''big rob1'' nice cadillac
    thanks for anything,

so the rear bumper would not fit 1:1, i know that i would need to change muffler because of dual exhaust but i thought that it should fit screw on screw

Blackedoutlt3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade

Ok all of those will fit no matter what year. The rear though you will have to remove the rear tire for the dual exhaust to work. There have been some people that have done it with the rear but have to mod the exhaust to work around the tire and also have wrapped the pipes with heat sheild. But then you have to cut up some of the rear bumper brackets for the rear tire lowering mech to work. So it can be done. Also for the front bumper easy change. I did the platinum on my 10 Escalade. Fro the LED headlights I say it isn't worth it. Even though they look really nice I heard nightmares with trying to get it to work and then the light output is not as good as just the OEM HID's.

----------

Ok all of those will fit no matter what year. The rear though you will have to remove the rear spare tire for the dual exhaust to work. There have been some people that have done it with the rear but have to mod the exhaust to work around the tire and also have wrapped the pipes with heat sheild. But then you have to cut up some of the rear bumper brackets for the rear tire lowering mech to work. So it can be done. Also for the front bumper easy change. I did the platinum on my 10 Escalade. Fro the LED headlights I say it isn't worth it. Even though they look really nice I heard nightmares with trying to get it to work and then the light output is not as good as just the OEM HID's.

christi0n is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2008

Thumbs up Re: Face lift modification from 2008 to 2014

I have also been thinking of doing this and would definitely be interested in your results

HI
    ok guys, thank you for everything,
    let's get started
    i will keep you updated with photos
    regards

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

If it's an option you may want to see what they will give you for your truck on a trade, there are a ton of 14' s on dealers lots and with the 15's sitting next to them they will have to let them go cheap if they want to move them. I only say that because a customer of ours spent a ton of money making his 2007 look like a 2014 platinum, when he went to trade it in it was only worth what a 2007 goes for.

I plan on keeping mine for a while so this shouldn't be a problem for me

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Leave the lights as they're fairly expensive, and just change out the front/rear bumpers. You can get a reputable exhaust shop to re-route the stock exhaust to both outlets. Do a search on here - it's been covered many times.

Is there a diagram of where the exhaust pipe runs under or maybe some pictures of the bottom of the escalade

JoeWalsh185 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): O7 Escalade, 07 Maserati Quottroporte, 2000 HD Softail

My 2014 rear bumper and chrome dual exhaust bumper outlets were just delivered. The shop should start on the project soon. I will take some pictures. Not sure what I'm going to do on the exhaust yet.

Law Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi guys!
    Just wanted to let you know that I did my 2008 rear fascia conversion, and it was no problem at all. You just have to lose the spare tire and split the exhaust pipes.
    My buddy has a garage, and we ilterally did in about two or three hours. I also had to remove the resonator, and it sounds amazing now.
    I took a bunch of pics of the install, which I could post if need be.

In addition to the fascia, I added a chrome handle cover; a small chrome cover on the small glass window; clear brake lights; a clear third brake light; chrome luggage rack, and a chrome gas cover. I also bought a new logo for the back, as the original was fading.

It sounds like a lot of chrome, but the truck looks amazing and it looks OEM. No chrome window frames; b-pillars; etc.

I have a Platinum version to begin with, so I didn't have to touch the front, except put in a shiny new logo and LED daytime running lights. I didn't change the whole light assemblies in the front, as I hear they are a pain to change on 2008's.

The rear fascia is ALMOST a perfect fit (it will be a bit loose), but any garage that has experience with exhaust systems and/or bodywork would be able to pull this off quite easily.

I arrived after lunch, and left towards the end of the day.

You would swear my truck is a 2014! (except I am getting rust bubbles under the rear applique, which I have to deal with SOON.

I think I'll be keeping the truck until 2017, then I'll buy a 2015. Although (I hate to say it), but from what I have seen, I don't like them as much as the 07-13's.

Later!

That's my converted Caddy, its 2008 and the bumper is 2013 platinum,

i moded exhaust (dual exhaust plus removed my resonator and muffler-->changed with magnaflow --- great sound VIDEO SOON) as well, anyone has question, just ask and ill help you,

Let me know what do you thing guys

regards

here is the video

View My Video

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.