Body Control Module Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Body Control Module Replacement in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Has anyone replaced the BCM? I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and may have a bad BCM. The part on-line ...
    07 ESV KC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade ESV
    Has anyone replaced the BCM? I have a 2007 Escalade ESV and may have a bad BCM. The part on-line is about $100 lower than the dealer cost. It seems like the BCM is fairly straight forward to get at. In researching, it sounds like the dealer has to be involved to program for your specific vehicle. Any tips for a self service approach to this? Dealer quote was about $800. I would like to reduce this as much as possible and reasonable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Re: Body Control Module Replacement

I had swap the BCM in my 2003 silverado, and I bought the BCM on amazon (was $250 verses the dealer $600) and then brought it into the dealer and paid the 1 hour of labor to have it flashed.

That sounds a lot better than $800. What I'm reading says that you can eventually get your car started so I guess that worked for you. Was it straight forward to remove and replace?
    Thanks for the help.

Any tests to confirm a bad BCM?

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Body Control Module Replacement

I have a spare bcm

Quote Originally Posted by texas1
    I have a spare bcm
    Should the bcm be supplying constant power to the rt rear stop/turn ? On a wire diagram, it Looks like the turn switch closes the ground circuit. The left and the right rear seem to use the same ground. So, if my left turn is working then the ground path must be OK. That would leave no power from the BCM. There are two constant power wires on the left lamp (lt blue and a red). There is only one on the right lamp at the moment. All this points to no power coming from the BCM. Anyone know which connector and pin to look at on the BCM to check for power going out to the rt rear stop/turn? Can't seem to quit trying to figure this out. It's driving me crazy.

Ok. There is power to the drivers side interior fuse panel. That would seem to indicate that the BCM is putting out power to the stop/turn lamps but no power at the wire harness just below the right rear lamp. Any thoughts on where to look! I was planning to trace back and look for a break or something. Does the wire stay the same color from back to front? Does anyone have any good wire schematics that show these kind of details for the right rear turn/ stop voltage supply for a 2007 Escalade ESV? My conclusion here is I don't think it is my BCM.

FOUND IT.....I think. Just before the wire harness goes into the UBEC from the firewall, there is a group of wires that leave the plastic wire harness protector and go into the UBEC fusebox, I can't see them but their resting with pressure on a metal bracket. When I pull up on the wires, the turn signal and brake light work, when I push down, the fuse blows. I stuffed a piece of foam rubber between the wires and the bracket to keep them off the bracket. If it stays on, I may just leave it for awhile.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.