bought platinum and was told it's not???????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, bought platinum and was told it's not??????? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was checking the car through online to get ideas of why my power step doesn't work. turns out it ...
    Graciehwang86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question bought platinum and was told it's not???????

I was checking the car through online to get ideas of why my power step doesn't work. turns out it is not escalade platinum!!!!! {The power step was placed after the factory because it says AMP on it, so I tracked to see what kinds of company it is. Through research, I realized that none of the VIN number matches its description as a platinum model}
    I was very furstrated and upset about the fact that I believed it is platinum and no one corrected or attempted to say about it.
    Looks like a previous owner just put the PLATINUM sticker/banner on the car to pretend it is the platinum.
    Is there any action I can take in order to resolve this issue? I don't know what happened and Should I contact the dealer? I don't get the fact that the dealer did not take the PLATINUM sign out of the vehicle before they put it on the sale...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: bought platinum and was told it's not???????

Was it a GM dealership? And it's very easy to distinguish a Platinum from a normal Escalade. How can someone miss that when they're shopping for one?

Blackedoutlt3 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Galaxy Grey Escalade

Not to be an ass but you might have wanted to research Escalades to understand models. But sorry for that. But to Platinum has different front end,has LED headlights, Interior is completely different with trim also has cadillac creast in all the seats, heated and cooled cup holders. But I would go back to seller or dealership and let them know that and hope you didn't pay what a Platinum cost as it would be at least 5-10k more then what a Permium or Luxury would cost.

----------

Also if you can post a picture of the truck as well.

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

How could you not notice it wasn't a platinum? The interior, headlights, and front fascia is totally different on a Platinum. The power steps are just 1 part of the platinum package. Look at your sales contract, if it says Platinum on it somewhere and you didn't get a Platinum you should definitely be taking it back. Why don't you post a picture of your Interior or find a picture online that looks like your interior and we'll tell you if it's a Platinum or not. A Platinum would also have rear entertainment screens in the head rests, at least my 2012 did.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    What price did you pay, if u got a good deal and the dealer lied to you ask for a extended warranty or something else valuable because if your happy w your truck I would keep it. I paid. 46k for a year old premium w 2 Gm tvs headrest in the rear and accessory grill and rims instead of paying also I got the Crome accessory roof rails, 80k for a platinum so I got my wife a car for 500 a month 3 series bmw and my truck 850 so I got 2 for the price of 1 they wanted 1400 a month for the platinum

wangstarr03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Agree w/the others. It's fairly easy to distinguish a platinum vs other trim models; the interior for one is completely different. As others have mentioned, your seats should be embroidered with the Cadillac logo and you should have heated/cooled cup holders plus RSE in each headrest in addition to the drop down monitor (3 screens total). But the dead give away should be the interior trim: the wood/aluminum accents are inverted/opposite on the platinum. This means your center stack (including the cup holder lid/trim, ashtray lid/trim and trim on the center console lid should be aluminum. On the other models, it's the woodgrain). Hope this helps.

new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Um maybe posting photos would help as to understand this situation.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

As said post pics or email someone who can

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Vin tells all

OneStepAhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2015 Escalade Premium - Majestic Orange Peel Black

Yes but given this guy may of bought a a base model thinking its a Platinum, can we really be sure he can properly look up a VIN? Just sayin...

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Point taken.... Take it to the dealer bro, get the history while your there

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    It sucks most states is buyer beware, unless it is written on paper than I would go to the dealer and get a huge discount or a extended warranty and some money.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.