Cadillac escalade 2011 platinum power step stuck
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Cadillac escalade 2011 platinum power step stuck in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have 2011 escalade platinum and I just noticed that the power step does not come out at all. It ...
    Graciehwang86 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cadillac escalade 2011 platinum power step stuck

I have 2011 escalade platinum and I just noticed that the power step does not come out at all. It came out just 10 minutes ago when I got in the car, but as soon as I parked to get off the car, it was stuck. Both driver'a and passenger's side are stuck and not came out.
    Is there any way I can fix this manually? I do not have any button to turn if off on the running board. I asked about the warranty and the service agent said, it is not included in the factory warranty, which is they always say whenever I ask about warranty duh...
    I heard that some escalade has a button to turn if off and on, but I don't have that button on the board. J want to know if I can just change a fuse on the fuse box. I assume the fuse has been loose or worn out or something. Please help me!!

Thank you for your advice in advance :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

07BlkOnBlkEXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

Re: Cadillac escalade 2011 platinum power step stuck

There should be a button to turn them on and off to the bottom right on the control panel. Just above the cigarette lighter.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Cadillac escalade 2011 platinum power step stuck

Right off Cadillac's website:

Every Cadillac comes with the comprehensive 4 years/80,000 km* Base Warranty covering repairs on your entire vehicle, including parts and labour, to correct problems in materials and workmanship. The included Powertrain Component Limited Warranty is now 6 years/110,000 km* and covers select powertrain components. For 2007-2012 model years, the Powertrain Component Limited Warranty is 5 years/160,000 km.*
    If the in-service date of your truck was in 2010, then you might still have the comprehensive warranty. If it was in 2011, then you have it.

And the button to turn off the power steps is located right underneath the passenger side temperature control knob.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.