Reset XM Radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Reset XM Radio in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My XM radio is screwed up. I only get channels 0 and 1 and no categories are listed. I spent ...
    reddrumjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Reset XM Radio

My XM radio is screwed up. I only get channels 0 and 1 and no categories are listed. I spent about 1.5 hours on 4 different calls with Sirius who did every conceivable troubleshooting thing they could do. On the last call they told me to take it to the dealer and have them reset the radio and check to make sure the turner is working right. Is this something I can do myself, or does it really require the dealer?

I have advanced skills at digging in and taking stuff apart, but I don't want to waste my time if only the dealer can do it.

----------

Forgot to identify my vehicle - 2009 Escalade ESV

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Reset XM Radio

Hello reddrumjay,

I can understand how frustrating this issue with your XM radio must be and I apologize for any inconvenience it has caused. I know you are looking for advice from the forum on how you may be able to resolve this concern yourself. If you decide you would like to head to the dealership, feel free to PM me and we can discuss your options.

Enjoy your night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

I am a tech too, you can buy a used xm tuner off ebay even one from a 2007-2014 escalade will work than you have to send it to get unlocked for 35.00 because it has to be programmed to your vin number

reddrumjay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Thanks for the response guys.

What I was getting at more than anything was the XM CSR said to have the dealer "reset the radio". I took that to mean there is a way to do a hard reset on the XM receiver.

Would I be correct to assume there's not a convenient button on the unit I can push and hold for 10 seconds, or push some cryptic combination of buttons to reset it?

In other words, how exactly does the dealer go about resetting the receiver?

CUTiger78 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 ESV Premium

Ever figure this out?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    I sent it to a company my xm receiver and 40$ And it was done, there is no reset switch or buttons I took mines apart.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.