Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2008 escalade EXT engine noise

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  bbjorklund99 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 2008 Escalade EXT with 52,000 miles. The vehicle is very nice but I have a concern with a noise in the engine. It sounds kind of like a Diesel engine especially when it is first started up. I also seems to idle a little rough. I am not sure if this is a normal trait of this engine because I have never had a vehicle with the 6.2l before. My Yukon XL with the 5.3l has a little noise at startup but it has been there for many years and never given me any problems. Any insight would be appreciated. I have a 30 day warranty from the dealer so I want to make sure I get it fixed if this is a problem.

Thanks,

Brad

#3 ·
What you are describing is engine slap which occurs during cold starts. My '07 had this for 170K, and it never gave me problems. I have been in dozens of Escalades, and they all had some sort of a rough idle. Just the nature of the beast, in my opinion. If it's excessive, it might be due for a tune-up (throttle body, air filter, etc).

#4 ·
Thanks guys! I love the vehicle and look forward to getting used to driving it. All the service has been done by the dealership and based on the inside and outside it appears to have been babied. My problem with this unit is that I have no experience with the Escalade or the 6.2l engine. The problem with buying a Cadillac is that it is hard to buy anything else once you have owned one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.