Screen on nav radio dim durring daylight
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Screen on nav radio dim durring daylight in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey all, this maybe old news to some of you but I just figured it out and thought this might ...
    stan stewart is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Screen on nav radio dim durring daylight

Hey all, this maybe old news to some of you but I just figured it out and thought this might help some of you. Was on way to St Louis last week on a bright sunny day and noticed I couldn't see the nav radio because the screen was dim. I had noticed this off and on for a while but it seemed like it corrected itself after a little while but this time it didn't. I also noticed my headlights were on. The first thought I had was the light sensor on the dash had gone bad. to make a long story short when I got home I started looking up stuff on this web site ( Which I find very hard to search) and the internet in general. I even called the local cadillac dealer service. Everyone pointed to the sensor as the probubal cause. I was grinding it around in my brain and I remembered that some states require your headlights to be on it it is raining and your wipers were on but mine weren't on! Then I realized that my auto wipers had been left on but because the weather was dry they weren't wiping. so sure enough I went out and tried it and turning the wipers off fixed the problem. Hope this helps someone.

Stosh

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Re: Screen on nav radio dim durring daylight

Good information for someone with RSW's, and may experience the same issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Screen on nav radio dim durring daylight

Quote Originally Posted by stan stewart View Post
    Hey all, this maybe old news to some of you but I just figured it out and thought this might help some of you. Was on way to St Louis last week on a bright sunny day and noticed I couldn't see the nav radio because the screen was dim. I had noticed this off and on for a while but it seemed like it corrected itself after a little while but this time it didn't. I also noticed my headlights were on. The first thought I had was the light sensor on the dash had gone bad. to make a long story short when I got home I started looking up stuff on this web site ( Which I find very hard to search) and the internet in general. I even called the local cadillac dealer service. Everyone pointed to the sensor as the probubal cause. I was grinding it around in my brain and I remembered that some states require your headlights to be on it it is raining and your wipers were on but mine weren't on! Then I realized that my auto wipers had been left on but because the weather was dry they weren't wiping. so sure enough I went out and tried it and turning the wipers off fixed the problem. Hope this helps someone.

Stosh
    Hello Stosh,

Thanks for posting your experience! I am glad to hear that the sensor wasn’t bad and that you were able to remedy the problem. I hope that this helps the community in the future if someone else is experiencing something similar. Please feel free to private message me if you have any future questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.