iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Yes, read the manual. You can find a lot of information in there including how to see which firmware you ...
    kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Re: iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade?

Yes, read the manual. You can find a lot of information in there including how to see which firmware you are running. It is easy to do all this.

JLeosnow is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by kippjones View Post
    Yes, read the manual. You can find a lot of information in there including how to see which firmware you are running. It is easy to do all this.
    Thanks all. I keep readin & re-reading the manual in search of helpful info and continue to come up short... I have done what it says abot firmware updates and find nothing.

"10. Updating the Interface
    Please visit www.iSimplesolutions.com/Connect for all updating instructions and up to date firmware files."

-John

John,
    Have you been able to view the iSimple firmware version via your nav unit by going into the iSimple menu?

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

this is the area for firmware
    http://www.pac-audio.com/Firmware/connect/index.html

Latest one is
    Connect_187a.45d.zip (rel: 03/22/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by kippjones View Post
    John,
    Have you been able to view the iSimple firmware version via your nav unit by going into the iSimple menu?
    I have not kippjones. I can't find it in any menus on the radio that make reference to the ISimple firmware version...

-John

----------

Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1 View Post

Latest one is
    Thank you very much for that link big rob 1, very much appreciated! I'll poke around with hopes of not making things worse....

-John

Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1 View Post

Latest one is
    I found the firmware version I the menu display and it is the most current one/matches what you listed big rob 1.

tlong72 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 SRX, 08 Escalade

Thanks to forum! I bought both the PAC NU-GM29 & ISGM651. Installed them last night in my 08 Escalade and happy with results. I have a little whining from engine that i can hear when radio is very low (almost muted) but I think this is due to the cables. I'd have to say the hardest part was getting radio back in with additional wiring installed... but i got it done. Only con see thus far is, i have XM radio so I have to change the source, then turn the tune knob to connect my iphone. No big deal for me but have to train the wife. Is there a firmware that allow this source selection to be saved in favorites similar to AM and FM channels.... i.e. i can be listening to a XM station and click on a AM station in my favorites without changing the source... it would be nice if the iSimple did that. However, again its a simple operation to perform, you just have to have knowledge in the operation.

The Navi unlock is wonderful! Now the wife can put in addresses while we are driving. I did not bother with the backup camera setup, I don't tow anything so highly unlikely that i'd use that feature. Again, both nice products either coupled or separate.

I have two question that is not answered in the instructions....

I want to be able to dial a call from my phone (while paired over bluetooth to the isimple) and then have it talk over the car radio.
    It appears that if I dial a call from the phone that I am then in 'private' mode where it is only on the phone.

Also,

How do I initiate a call from the touchscreen radio? I can see three way calls and such, but not a keypad to actually dial a call.....

Streaming music works great.... just can't make any phone calls yet.

rbh23456 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2013 ATS

Has anyone had battery drain issues with the ISGM651? I installed mine last week and the next day the battery was drained. Since the battery was 7 years old I didn't think too much of it because I knew it needed replaced anyway. So I replaced the battery and for several days it worked fine. I drove it everyday over that time. But yesterday I did not drive at all and today I came out and the battery was drained again. I love the unit and the functionality it provides, but obviously I can't have the battery draining after just 1 day of not driving.

Quote Originally Posted by rbh23456 View Post
    Has anyone had battery drain issues with the ISGM651? I installed mine last week and the next day the battery was drained. Since the battery was 7 years old I didn't think too much of it because I knew it needed replaced anyway. So I replaced the battery and for several days it worked fine. I drove it everyday over that time. But yesterday I did not drive at all and today I came out and the battery was drained again. I love the unit and the functionality it provides, but obviously I can't have the battery draining after just 1 day of not driving.
    I drive mine 5 days a week, on Saturday/Sunday it sits without starting and I have no issues on Monday.
    Make sure its not like a glove box light or something else

No issues here. My Escalade sat from Thursday to late Sunday, no issues.

Esca-Lade-You-Out is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 Escalade Hybrid

Hello all, I am new and just joined to tell you all thank you. I recently purchased a 09 Esacalade and I when I saw "bluetooth" in the description I assumed that meant radio and phone sound. To find out the bluetooth only meant phone audio was very disappointing. After reading this forum I went on Amazon and purchased the isimple and the NU-GM29. I am ready to install it now thanks again.

bsk997 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

With the ISGM651, do I lose the factory XM/Sirius Sat by using this?
    All the videos and documentation for the menu is through the XM menu.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

You need a jailbroken iPhone and the RCA video out than you can watch Netflix on your navigation I don't know if the 5s will work if not a iPhone 4s will work for sure you can get the delphi with wi fi connect and buy a Itouch jailbreak it and use if seperate for netflix in your car I am working on this and I am getting my barracuda nav tv unlock next week and I am doing the netflix thing

Anyone getting complaints of an echo when calling someone?

----------

I let my XM sub run out for a week and found when ending a call and listening to anything but XM the input would not switch back automatically to the original input. I have to switch it back. I renewed my sub with XM and it switches back just fine.

I also had one instance where I went to start my vehicle and it would not start and the DIC flashed a bunch of error messages. I hit the iSimple reset button and it cleared everything up and my vehile started. Has not happened again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.