iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello ScarabChris, Thanks for sharing this with the community. I apologize for any inconvenience not having an AUX input in ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: iSimple Connect Opinions for 2008 Escalade?

Hello ScarabChris,

Thanks for sharing this with the community. I apologize for any inconvenience not having an AUX input in your vehicle has caused, but I am glad you were able to resolve your concern and can listen to your music now. If additional questions or concerns arise, please feel free to send us a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Ordered the ISGM651 today....

JLeosnow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by kippjones View Post
    Ordered the ISGM651 today....
    I did as well. I think I am going to wait to install it so that I can install the navi/DVD/camera unlock unit at the same time...

-John

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by JLeosnow View Post
    I did as well. I think I am going to wait to install it so that I can install the navi/DVD/camera unlock unit at the same time...

-John
    Thats what I would do.
    I DIDN'T and repeated a LOT of work over.

Installed today. Went well, a plastic trim tool set is mandatory unless you want to risk scratching your interior. The only challenge was fitting the new iSimple harness behind Nav unit. This can be tricky to get the Nav unit back in place with the extra harness behind the Nav unit.

I found that getting into the iSimple menus can take a bit of practice to get used to but once you are familiar with the menu and pair your device, this device really works well. I am using an Android so I do not get to see all the "data" for calls and streaming. I will try my wife's iPhone 5 later ad note the differences. Streaming from my S3 was instant and the audio quality was excellent.

Mikes07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone have pics of there install?

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade EXT Premium

Installed today. Went well, a plastic trim tool set is mandatory unless you want to risk scratching your interior. The only challenge was fitting the new iSimple harness behind Nav unit. This can be tricky to get the Nav unit back in place with the extra harness behind the Nav unit.

I found that getting into the iSimple menus can take a bit of practice to get used to but once you are familiar with the menu and pair your device, this device really works well. I am using an Android so I do not get to see all the "data" for calls and streaming. I will try my wife's iPhone 5 later ad note the differences. Streaming from my S3 was instant and the audio quality was excellent.
    I'm planning on going this route with a Galaxy S4, do you get any data at all? At least a phone number for caller ID?

Yes, phone number shows up for incoming calls. Streaming music works perfectly however it only says "streaming" on the head unit. Voice dialing connects you directly to the phone assistant. You can either say "call Joe" or "call 555-555-1212" and it will confirm your request and then dial. While you are streaming music, calls will come in and then it goes right back to streaming at the end of the call. Very nice.

Question for anyone that has installed the NU-GM29/navi/DVD/camera unlock? My questions after looking thru the installation instructions are:

1) It appears that you actually have to splice/tap into 2 external wires that are not part of a plug-and-play wire harness? Is that correct?

2) It appear that you loose your back-up/reverse lights when the camera is activated? Is that also a true statement?

Thanks,
    -John

Also curious in regards to the install of the ISGM651 if it will use the integrated/factory OEM microphone or do I have to install the microphone that is supplied in this kit? I'm hoping I can use the factory microphone and it is part of/built into the ISGM651 unit....

Thanks,
    -John

Also curious in regards to the install of the ISGM651 if it will use the integrated/factory OEM microphone or do I have to install the microphone that is supplied in this kit? I'm hoping I can use the factory microphone and it is part of/built into the ISGM651 unit....

Thanks,
    -John
    John,
    The ISGM651 uses a separate provided mic. It may be possible to use the factory mic but I do not know how to integrate the factory mic.

John,
    The ISGM651 uses a separate provided mic. It may be possible to use the factory mic but I do not know how to integrate the factory mic.
    Thank you for that info kippjones, I,appreciate it! So, where do people mount this mic. and how obvious is it? I'm assuming it's wired as well? Does it make for an eyesore of an install?

Thanks again,
    -John

I installed mine on the driver side column at the top near where it says airbag. Just a regular black mic, hid the wire well. Very easy.

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Question for anyone that has installed the NU-GM29/navi/DVD/camera unlock? My questions after looking thru the installation instructions are:

1) It appears that you actually have to splice/tap into 2 external wires that are not part of a plug-and-play wire harness? Is that correct?

2) It appear that you loose your back-up/reverse lights when the camera is activated? Is that also a true statement?

Thanks,
    -John

You only need to splice into those wires if you want to enable the rear view camera while moving forward, I don't care about that feature, so I didn't splice into them.

----------

Thanks,
    -John
    Separate mic as said already

----------

Thank you for that info kippjones, I,appreciate it! So, where do people mount this mic. and how obvious is it? I'm assuming it's wired as well? Does it make for an eyesore of an install?

Thanks again,
    -John
    Yes it is wired, really long. I installed mine over the rear view mirror clipped to the headliner. Out of sight and aimed at me.
    If you want a picture I can take one tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1 View Post
    You only need to splice into those wires if you want to enable the rear view camera while moving forward, I don't care about that feature, so I didn't splice into them.

----------

Separate mic as said already

----------

Yes it is wired, really long. I installed mine over the rear view mirror clipped to the headliner. Out of sight and aimed at me.
    If you want a picture I can take one tomorrow.
    A few pics would be great big rob 1. Thanks!

-John

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.