Clunk noise when accelerating from stop
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Clunk noise when accelerating from stop in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a 2007 escalade ext and I'm experiencing a clunk noise when I accelerate from a stop or even ...
    shemick is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Clunk noise when accelerating from stop

I have a 2007 escalade ext and I'm experiencing a clunk noise when I accelerate from a stop or even sometimes when slowing down it seems like it's only doing it on low speed not sure if it's tranny or drive axle I also noticed that when I slow down the Rpms bounce up and down not sure if this is normal went from a f150 to an escalade.?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    The clunking noise could be a bad motor mount. My drivers side mount needed to be replaced at around 55K miles. A fairly common problem on these trucks.

LaVaDog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: Clunk noise when accelerating from stop

I recently purchased an 07 and learning about how problemactic it is.....I have been nervous since, to the point of not enjoying the new vehicle I noticed from time to time a clunck as well. With all the tranny talk, I have it in my head that something isn't right with the transmission. I have told some buddies of mine about the "clunk" and I said I wasn't sure if it is the transmission, driveline, U joints. Basically just want to say thank you for this post. Haha....I also went from an F-150 to a Escalade!

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Probably the left motor mount. Put the truck in drive, step on both the gas and the brake and see if you can replicate the clunk. If you can, it's the motor mount.

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

anyone have the part # for the motor mount?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    I would have someone professional like the deal do it, tell negotiate with them

I'm gone try that today

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    Sounds like someone was misusing the truck I changed mines at 100k lucky me it broke at 99,500 so I got it fixed for free

bigksone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by big rob 1
    anyone have the part # for the motor mount?
    Try 15854939
    big rob 1 likes this.

wesyder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Quote Originally Posted by bigksone
    Try 15854939
    i show that number as well on my last motor mount job
    big rob 1 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by shemick View Post
    I have a 2007 escalade ext and I'm experiencing a clunk noise when I accelerate from a stop or even sometimes when slowing down it seems like it's only doing it on low speed not sure if it's tranny or drive axle I also noticed that when I slow down the Rpms bounce up and down not sure if this is normal went from a f150 to an escalade.?
    Hello shemick,

If you're interested in having a Cadillac dealership check your vehicle for this clunking noise please let us know. We definitely want you to be able to drive your vehicle without any issues occurring, and would like to help in possibly resolving this for you. If interested, please private message us your full contact information, VIN, mileage, and preferred dealership.

Thank you,

Amber N. (assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by LaVaDog View Post
    I recently purchased an 07 and learning about how problemactic it is.....I have been nervous since, to the point of not enjoying the new vehicle I noticed from time to time a clunck as well. With all the tranny talk, I have it in my head that something isn't right with the transmission. I have told some buddies of mine about the "clunk" and I said I wasn't sure if it is the transmission, driveline, U joints. Basically just want to say thank you for this post. Haha....I also went from an F-150 to a Escalade!
    Hello LaVaDog,

I apologize that you are experiencing this noise with your transmission as well. If you are planning on taking your vehicle into a dealership to have this looked into, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment and working with the dealership. Please feel free to private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you have been working with. If you are unable to private message me, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Punmax
    Probably the left motor mount. Put the truck in drive, step on both the gas and the brake and see if you can replicate the clunk. If you can, it's the motor mount.
    Is there a reason why you have to press the brake and the gas at the same time can't you just put it in neutral and step on the gas? Thats what I tried and the engine didn't clunk or really move.

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by shemick View Post
    Is there a reason why you have to press the brake and the gas at the same time can't you just put it in neutral and step on the gas? Thats what I tried and the engine didn't clunk or really move.
    With the truck in neutral, the engine isn't under any load. I tried pressing on the gas pedal with my truck in neutral, and couldn't produce the thud that is present when in drive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.