New '08 Escalade Owner - couple of questions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New '08 Escalade Owner - couple of questions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; First, thanks for allowing me in this forum. Looks like great stuff and cool members! I went to buy my ...
    austinguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

New '08 Escalade Owner - couple of questions

First, thanks for allowing me in this forum. Looks like great stuff and cool members!

I went to buy my first Escalade, a car I have wanted since they day they came out, 3 years ago with my wife.....and drove off with a Range Rover (because of wife). Ha ha. Enjoyed that for a while, but finally decided it was my turn and got an '08, one owner, 75K mile beauty. Diamond white, cream interior. Looks awesome. Anyway, enough bragging (sorry I'm a proud new dad)...

A couple of questions:

1. I have learned there is no hands-free/bluetooth way to talk on cell phone?! Have to say this was shocking given the qualify of vendor Cadillac is. The '06 Range Rover did it, so I just assumed an '08 Caddy would. Anyway, is there a workaround to this? I am in my car all the time for work, and most of that time is on the phone. It would be a big help to have handsfree. Through On-Star maybe?

2. The interior is clean and beautiful, however I am not always (softball, golf, etc). Does anyone have any good looking rubber floormat recommendations? Obviously I'd like the color to be as close a match as possible.

3. OnStar. This is my first GM car. Worth it?

Thanks in advance to any help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

emay is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 ESV Platinum WDT

Re: New '08 Escalade Owner - couple of questions

Weather tech mats

No need for onstar in my world withthe many portable devices I have on hand.

Can't talk to the blutooth options as my 09 and 10 have it.

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    Get the isimple module at best buy it gives u Bluetooth phone displays caller Id on navi, USB port, Bluetooth audio, 3.5mm for under 300$ works awesome I have Bluetooth audio, USB flash drive, Bluetooth phone and extra inputs. Do led conversion, change center console lid and u pretty much up to date even better since u will have Bluetooth audio no escalade has it even a new one.

I have a 08 as well very happy, throw a extended warranty for 100 k miles so u don't have to worry.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Addisonz123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have a Motorola Unit in my 07 and its fantastic works like a charm with my iPhone and nice clean install.

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by SpyShops NY View Post
    Get the isimple module at best buy it gives u Bluetooth phone displays caller Id on navi, USB port, Bluetooth audio, 3.5mm for under 300$ works awesome I have Bluetooth audio, USB flash drive, Bluetooth phone and extra inputs. Do led conversion, change center console lid and u pretty much up to date even better since u will have Bluetooth audio no escalade has it even a new one.

I have a 08 as well very happy, throw a extended warranty for 100 k miles so u don't have to worry.
    Hi, which iSimple unit do you recommend that will work with the 08 head unit and Android?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

ISGM651. you can get it at bestbuy, I love it works good.

https://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=544

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Thanks.

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.