Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Buying -Dealer is asking $29k, how much can I expect to get the price down?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  wesyder 
#1 ·
Your thoughts and experiences? 2009 Escalade

#8 ·
Most dealers now post their vehicles on-line now and being car shoping is so easy as a result they usually have it priced about as low as they'll go. With that being said you might get them down $1k but it all depends on the local market, demand and competition.

But when you ask how much lower can you talk them down from $29k? No one would have a clue without knowing all the details of the vehicle. Around here $29k would get you in a '07 or maybe an '08 with around 100k miles on it, and likely to have spent some time up North.

#9 ·
As 2kflhr said it is ALL in the details...

$29k would be a great price if its a 2009 escalade fully loaded with 33k miles

$29k would be a horrible price if its a 2009 base model, with 230k miles, its all in these details.

ESV, EXT make a difference too I have found. I just bought a EXT and noticed in California the EXT's had higher resale values than the SUV's. (not ESV)

#10 ·
Not to deter you but maybe you should buy a Denali. Same suv but different look. You can get into a newer year without high miles. If your looking at '09s you are probably going to find them close to 100k miles. Then you will have parts which are worn out and will need replacement. Be prepared for the bills to pile up. If you can find a extended warranty then you should have piece of mind. But you can get into a '10 + Denali with lower miles for the same price. Just a thought.

#12 ·
Agree with what other posters have said with the addition of it depends where you're located and whether it's CPO. I bought my '07 premium (nav, 22's, etc) with 65-70k miles last February in the DC metro area for about $29k...they weren't budging on the price, but kept giving me a little more on my trade because they really wanted to make the deal. Again, it's all in the details. Around here '09s are still going for mid-30's to low 40's with varying mileage...low 30's if you're looking at 80k+ miles.

#13 · (Edited)
I looked at a black on black with 22' wheels '07 luxury last March with 76k on the ticker was clean inside and the paint was good and the body straight. The front tires were rather new and the rears were nearing time for replacement. He was asking $29k and wouldn't go below $28k. After getting his bottom dollar I looked further and discovered the undercarriage was showing corrosion issues from having been up North. After that I lost all interest in it and besides I preferred to stay away from the '07 model anyhow. It stayed on the lot for only several weeks before it dissapeared.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.