Were my eyes deceiving me today?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Were my eyes deceiving me today? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; as I was pulling out of a restraunt this afternoon, a newer I assume a 14 EXT went by, looked ...
    mr69vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 Escalade EXT & 07 DTS

Cool Were my eyes deceiving me today?

as I was pulling out of a restraunt this afternoon, a newer I assume a 14 EXT went by, looked sexy of course! I pulled out right behind him and up to the light, I looked and looked again, How could there be LED tail-lights on that! But is it possible that the 14 came with the LED tail-light? If so the big question, will they fit my 09? inquiring minds HVAE to know, since everyone with an EXT has been looking to do this upgrade but nothing really out there.

So lets hear it! do those 14's have LED's? and will they fit our eariler EXT?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: Were my eyes deceiving me today?

First of all there's no such thing as a 2014 EXT, the last model year for them was 2013.

Could it have been something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TAIL-LIGHT-0...-/400632107926

Ooops my by, I thought the last year was 14, my badd! They could have possibly looked like the ones in you link. I know I have looked several years ago for these LED, and they only had them for the Escalade and ESV, nothing for the EXT, those must be something kind of new. Thanks for the info and I will look into them. Has anyone heard any feed back on the aftermarket ones that you posted the link to?

AZKlaus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Yes AZKlaus, they were exactly like that! I just did a search on Ebay, found the ones from the eariler post but did not see those! I believe I like the link that you posted better, will check them out. Again, anyone have any feed back on these aftermarket light?

Thanks!

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

Nice looking taillights.

chakde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT, 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum

I have had those exact ones that AZKlaus linked on my EXT for about 2 years and no issues. I really wanted the led look, after all it is a cadillac ��. I also bought them off ebay not sure of the seller name though. It is about 180 shipped to Canada. They have lasted well in the extreme cold weather we have here. I was a little hesitant as i thought i would see water damage due to improper sealing during manufacturing but am happy to report that no such issues.

big rob 1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by chakde View Post
    I have had those exact ones that AZKlaus linked on my EXT for about 2 years and no issues. I really wanted the led look, after all it is a cadillac ��. I also bought them off ebay not sure of the seller name though. It is about 180 shipped to Canada. They have lasted well in the extreme cold weather we have here. I was a little hesitant as i thought i would see water damage due to improper sealing during manufacturing but am happy to report that no such issues.

can you please post some pictures, thanks!

Rich08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT

^^^ post some pics I also have an ext and want to change my lights. Im thinking of ordering the Spyder« - Red/Clear LED Tail Lights from carid for avalanche. They say avy lights work on ext.

The lights that AZKlaus noted in his post. I like them better than the set that soulsea linked to. I sent the sell from the set from AZ list on Ebay a note asking if they would fit an EXT, he said no, what the HELL! they said they only fit Avalance! I asked if I purchased and they did not fit could I return, and they told me to refur to there return policy, whice states for defective or poor fitment within 7 days, all other need a return authazation request. So I'm alittle hessitant to order them. Chade posted that he has had those tail lights for 2 plus years with no issues. The others that wanted to see pics, both AZklaus and soulsea had links to the respective lights on Ebay. I will have to check into the lights that Rich08 is refurring to and see if I can find those.

I could be completely wrong but i believe the socket for the avalanche and ext are the same because they both use filament bulbs in their tail lamps..

On the regular Escalade you can't use Tahoe/Yukon lamps and vice versa because they are different sockets and BCM programming to account for the OEM led tails on the esky. That might be what is confusing the vendor, or he could be right and they are different ... but again I doubt it because I've seen other lamps that state that they will work on both.

There is a member here called felixgun that has a regular esky and an avalanche, and I think he has changed to led tails on his avy, and he will probably know the answer to this question.

felixgun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 2011 Yukon
    Yea I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable. Like soulsea said I have them on my avalanche and love them. I wish they'd come out with an Esky ext clone replica tail light in LED...

Here's a pic:
    soulsea likes this.

I just ordered a set of LED tail lights that were linked from AZKlaus. One question about them! Is the back up bulb an LED also, or is it a standard bulb? If it is a standard, I'm sure I can install a LED backup bulb. I could just wait till it arrives, but if I do find out in fact i need to order a LED back up bulb I can do it right away.

Thanks for all the input and opinions.

Dave

The backup light is just a standard bulb ... I assume it's 7440 (or whatever bulb your stock lamps use) but the only way to be sure on the socket size is to contact the vendor or to wait to see it in person.

And yes you can just buy led bulbs for it.

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Here are mine which I believe are the same as felixgun's. They are plug n play on an EXT and bulb for reverse is not LED but I swapped it to one after I got them. Mine are the tinted red color though. I am very happy with them. Have had them for over 2 years and no burned out lights yet (knock on wood).

IMG_68211.jpg
    texas1 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.