Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: 2007 ESV Liftgate not working

DSchoneck is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

2007 ESV Liftgate not working

I currently own a 2007Cadiallac ESV, and my power liftgate no longer works. I checked to make sire the switch on the console by the sunroof was on, and it was. When I press the fob, only light flash, no noise or anything. When I press the button on the liftgate handle, it unlocks then nothing. When I manually opened the door and pressed the close biutton, again nothing. What is the problem and what is the fix?

Thanks Drew

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dzar is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    Check the glass to be sure it's completely latched closed. Maybe open/close it. See if that kicks it in the head.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Nihsel10 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2

Re: 2007 ESV Liftgate not working

The power Liftgate won't work if the top lift gate, glass trunk, is open. Check if it's closed and try again.

Re: 2007 ESV Liftgate not working

Quote Originally Posted by DSchoneck View Post
    I currently own a 2007Cadiallac ESV, and my power liftgate no longer works. I checked to make sire the switch on the console by the sunroof was on, and it was. When I press the fob, only light flash, no noise or anything. When I press the button on the liftgate handle, it unlocks then nothing. When I manually opened the door and pressed the close biutton, again nothing. What is the problem and what is the fix?

Thanks Drew
    Hello Drew,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners. I am sorry you are experiencing a malfunction with your vehicle's liftgate. If you are willing to work with a dealer, please let me know. I am more than happy to assist and can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. We can be contacted to further discuss any questions you may have as well.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care