Service Stabilitrak and reduced engine power
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Service Stabilitrak and reduced engine power in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I got this message while on the highway. Couldn't go more that 40 mph. The dealer said it was the ...
    escalade kidd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT

Service Stabilitrak and reduced engine power

I got this message while on the highway. Couldn't go more that 40 mph. The dealer said it was the Throttle Position Sensor. My warranty was done but they said that part has an extended warranty on it. No charge.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

new york city is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Re: Service Stabilitrak and reduced engine power

This is by far the worst problem with these cars. No other problem beats this. Do a search on this and witness the devastation this issue causes.
    If the dealer is doing it for free then you better run as fast as you can to have them do it.

Read my thread on this. Dealer said the same exact thing "Throttle Position Sensor" and they ended up removing the entire engine block because the oil was not lubricating... (it's a long story and various parts & various visits to the dealer for this issue, my thread explains everything)

themunsta is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My 2007 Escalade is having the same issue. Still waiting to hear from Dealer. Its been there for 3 Days so far!!!!. From I have been reading, this sounds like its going to be an Absolute Nightmare

MRANT212 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 15 Escalade ESV, 12 CTS-V sedan 08 SS,88Corvette,71Corvette

Anyone know if the throttle position sensor would shut the truck off? Just got a phone call from my wife a few minutes ago. Stabilitrak light came on and the truck just shut down. She was at stop sign and turned the truck off and restarted it. I'm taking it to my dealership in a bit. Hope it makes it

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Reduced engine power is related to a failure of a specific system, the "drive by wire" throttle control.
    Faults related to performance of the TP sensors or APP sensor (accelerator pedal position) will set codes and cause the vehicle to enter one of a few power reduction modes.
    If this happens you can get to the side of the road and turn the key off for a minute, then restart and drive normally. Typically this fault is fairly intermittent which makes it difficult to diagnose.
    The TP sensor is usually integrated into the throttle. The special policy our OP spoke of is related to a specific design that allows you to service the "cover" which contains the sensor and drive mechanism for the throttle plate.
    Most are serviced by replacing the throttle body, which is not hard to do. However often times it can be a wiring or terminal contact issue. This typically requires rewiring the circuits from the throttle body to the controller and using new terminals from the repair kit that dealerships have. It can be time consuming and requires the proper type and size of wiring.

It can be a daunting task to fix one of these that acts up intermittently. If a dealer or any shop "best guesses" this, ask them how they will stand behind their diagnosis if it happens again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by escalade kidd View Post
    I got this message while on the highway. Couldn't go more that 40 mph. The dealer said it was the Throttle Position Sensor. My warranty was done but they said that part has an extended warranty on it. No charge.
    Hello escalade kidd,

I apologize for the reduced engine power you experienced while on the highway. I am glad you were able to work with a dealer towards fixing this concern. If you would like to further discuss your situation or have questions, please send me a private message. I am more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillac Tech, thanks for the info! Made it to the dealer this morning and the check engine light remained on. They didn't get a chance to get it in to look at it today as they were backed. At least they give me a loaner...2014 SRX. I'm curious to see what they find. At least a code will pop up.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

You are most welcome, the codes will stay stored even if the light is off so they should be able to retrieve something.
    Codes stay in history until the tests run and pass 40 consecutive times with no failures.

I'm almost sure one of the codes if only 1 will be p0011.
    Keep us updated.

Didn't ask for the codes but they did say the throttle body has to be replaced. May have it back on Tuesday it looks like. Waiting up on some parts. I'll just rack up the mileage on the SRX loaner. Already put over 300 miles on it. the dealer I work with is Gold Coast Cadillac in NJ. Been dealing with them for many years and they've done right by me. Just hope this takes care of it....may get a 2015 Escalade when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by MRANT212 View Post
    Didn't ask for the codes but they did say the throttle body has to be replaced. May have it back on Tuesday it looks like. Waiting up on some parts. I'll just rack up the mileage on the SRX loaner. Already put over 300 miles on it. the dealer I work with is Gold Coast Cadillac in NJ. Been dealing with them for many years and they've done right by me. Just hope this takes care of it....may get a 2015 Escalade when it comes out.
    Hello MRANT212,

Thanks for keeping us updated with your vehicle. We will definitely look for your future updates on Tuesday when you receive your vehicle back. I hope you are enjoying the SRX loaner that you were provided. I look forward to your updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

themunsta is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just got my truck back after a week at the dealership. Replaced the whole engine harness wiring(looked like a spagetti factory of wiring),mega fuse? and a curuit breaker? Hopefully this takes care of this shit show. Im really nervous about this issue! i need to stop reading all these horror stories online about this particular problem! Good luck to all in Cadillac Nation!

Got mine back today...so far so good. They changed the throttle body, an oil sensor and also my battery was weak. I wish GM would recognize this is an issue and cover something on this. Anyway I may be purchasing a 2015 when it comes out....whoever buys my 07 will be getting one hellava truck!
    Rustico likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by themunsta View Post
    Just got my truck back after a week at the dealership. Replaced the whole engine harness wiring(looked like a spagetti factory of wiring),mega fuse? and a curuit breaker? Hopefully this takes care of this shit show. Im really nervous about this issue! i need to stop reading all these horror stories online about this particular problem! Good luck to all in Cadillac Nation!
    Hello themunsta,

I am glad to hear that the dealership was able to address the concern you were experiencing. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me via private message or email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you have any future questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Got mine back today...so far so good. They changed the throttle body, an oil sensor and also my battery was weak. I wish GM would recognize this is an issue and cover something on this. Anyway I may be purchasing a 2015 when it comes out....whoever buys my 07 will be getting one hellava truck!
    Hello MRANT212,

I am happy to hear that you were able to receive your vehicle back today and that they addressed your concern you were experiencing. I will definitely document your feedback regarding this. Please let me know if there is any assistance I can provide with any future questions or concerns and please keep us updated when you purchase your 2015 model!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

same identical thing was done to mine including buying a new battery plus other parts. 3 weeks later... I got the same problem including "shut engine off, low oil pressure" message... brought it back into the dealer & the entire engine block was removed and camshaft bearings replaced at their expense.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.