Link Fogs with DRL?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Link Fogs with DRL? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hello everyone. I replaced my halogen fogs with some very bright, high-quality LEDs (completing my 100% LED conversion) and because ...
    zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

Link Fogs with DRL?

Hello everyone. I replaced my halogen fogs with some very bright, high-quality LEDs (completing my 100% LED conversion) and because I have the Platinum LED headlamps on a non-Platinum, I no longer have functioning DRLs. So I thought maybe I could wire the fogs to come on when the DRL function is activated. Anyone with wiring experience able to tell me the easiest way to do this?

For reference, the actual DRL function is still actively running when I'm driving, but the Platinum headlamps don't use that signal for the DRL. So they don't do anything.

Is there something I can do without cutting/splicing? Also, if anyone knows how to do this with the low beams I would consider that instead of the fogs as well. I just want either the fogs or the low beams to function when the DRLs are enabled, and I'd like to know how to do this in the simplest manner.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '10 Escalade, '97 Eldo ETC (Z), '97 SS Camaro, '00 Silverado

Re: Link Fogs with DRL?

You can do it with an 87 relay that can be purchased at any automotive store and there are many styles.

Terminal 30 is the 12v source
    Terminal 86 is the DRL trigger (which would have sent power to the DRL's)
    Terminal 87 is to the lights (the lights you want to run for DRL's)
    Terminal 85 is to ground

I don't see how you can do it without cutting or splicing unless you had "Painless Wiring" fabricate a harness for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.