Harsh ride new 2013 Escalde Lux
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Harsh ride new 2013 Escalde Lux in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Just purchased a new 2013 Escalade Lux and the first thing I noticed was how HARSH the ride was! Along ...
    snidebj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Escalade

Harsh ride new 2013 Escalade Lux

Just purchased a new 2013 Escalade Lux and the first thing I noticed was how HARSH the ride was! Along with that I believe the wheels need rebalancing as the Escalade felt unsettled and vibrations are being felt thru the steering wheel and the rear end of the vehicle with every small crack or bump that is encountered. I attributed the ride to new shocks and springs hoping it would loosen up and soften out as I put miles on. I was reading about the magnetic ride control and how luxurious the ride is supposed to be but this Escalde rides more like a 1 ton dually. I traded a 2013 Yukon Denali with the ride being ALOT more "luxurious" with no vibrations what-so-ever. I took the Escalade for a short drive around the block before purchase and didn't notice anything but wasn't expecting anything like this.

Anyone else have a situation like this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

Re: Harsh ride new 2013 Escalde Lux

That's very strange, I traded up from a Denali as well and the ride is better on the Escalade, not a great deal better but certainly not worse.

Have you taken it to the dealer to have them take a look at it and if need be asked them if you could drive another one for comparison?

Noob is offline Cadillac Owners Member

was your Denali an XL? My friends ESV rides smoother than my short escalade....

Denali was a shorty also.

Balancing wheels/tires today I'm hoping this will take care of the vibrations.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Make sure they Road Force Balance your wheels, and many times the dealer is not the best for this because most do not do enough wheel balancing full time, so find a high end wheel and tire shop if you still have an issue.

Hunter Road Force balancer made a huge difference all the tires were off quite a bit. There is still a vibration between 45 - 65 mph but not nearly as bad. Dealer said they would take care of any future vibrations but to drive it and see if the tires would settle in. Thinking that the Escalade sat for quite some time and possibly could be tire issues. Just let them know how it goes then bring it back in. The ride is still pretty hard though not what I expected.

nixonride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Did your denali have 18" or 20" wheels on it and the Escky has 22"? That could be the difference...Although I personally don't thing there is a lot of difference between the 20's and 22's, when my dad hops in my Escalade Vs. his denali he thinks mine rides a lot rougher...could be cause mine is lowered as well but that may be the difference you are feeling...there is more tire on the 20's and therefore are a bit smotther.

The Denali had the 22's also. There is a MAJOR difference in ride quality between my Denali that I traded in and this Escalade with MRC. Oh boy not real pleased with how this Escalade rides down the road. The re-balancing of the tires made a difference and there is still a vibration I believe coming from the rear end. But, I just can't get over how much harder a ride this is. I've had an Escalade before and it didn't ride like this at all. The other thing I noticed is that it sits higher - lots of space between the tires and the fender.

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

If your Esky is riding harder than your Denali then there's something wrong with it.

Did you do as I suggested and ask them to test drive another one to see if there's a difference?

When I make the next appt - shortly - then I will ask to drive another. But first I have a friend with a '13 Escalade I will borrow his for a cruise.

I've owned a ton of vehicles the majority of them being GM products, Vettes, Camaro's, Blazers, Caddys, Avalanches, the Denali and Escalades. What puzzles me is what would make a vehicle ride hard when new from the factory? It now has 700 miles on it and it has MRC and its an Escalade so the ride is supposed to be "luxurious" and smooth. Uhm, Yikes!

One question: Is there any way to adjust the MRC suspension on the Escalade?

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade

Keep us posted don't disappear once u find out

surburban99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Platinum Escalade ESV

I remember when I picked up my 2013 ESV Platinum, I noticed the ride was rough and harsh at first. The first problem was the tire air pressure at the dealership was set at 45 PSI!! 35 PSI is the recommended tire pressure. No wonder it rode like a wagon. Now that I have 6,000 miles on the clock, I feel the vehicle has settled and is riding smoother.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Yes check your tire pressure, should be at 35 psi.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by surburban99 View Post
    I remember when I picked up my 2013 ESV Platinum, I noticed the ride was rough and harsh at first. The first problem was the tire air pressure at the dealership was set at 45 PSI!! No wonder it rode like a wagon. Now that I have 6,000 miles on the clock, I feel the vehicle has settled and is riding smoother.
    Hello surburban99,

I am glad to hear your Escalade is riding smoother now than when you first owned it. I hope you continue to enjoy your Cadillac ownership experience! If you ever have any concerns or questions, do not hesitate to contact us via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Checked the tire pressures all were at 32 psi. Now they are at 35 psi as per the door jam information and it rides worse. Checked to see if there was any ice or snow buildup inside the rims and they were all clear. In the morning up here in the north when its been cold which is just about every morning the ride is like riding with 4 square tires. Going to the dealer on Monday to check the tires out for balancing issues for the second time and for any flat spots.

Its a beautiful Escalade I love the way it looks, the engine, stereo, interior etc but the ride is certainly giving us headaches for sure. My friends 2013 Escalade rides "smooth as glass" at all speeds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.