Snow handling - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Snow handling in Cadillac Escalade Forums; They will work, personally I would have put them on stock 18's for the winter in case of curb issues ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Snow handling

They will work, personally I would have put them on stock 18's for the winter in case of curb issues they are easily and cheaply replaced, anybody want to test their snow tires out head up to my house in up state NY, we have about 7 feet on the ground since Monday, and calling for another 2-4 feet, I have the Duratrac's on with chains on all 4 wheels, I will take a pic when the snow stops.

blankline9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I just returned from a 3 week trip to the great north. Drove a total of 3795 miles from central florida to northen michigan to pennsylvania and back to florida. I have the AWD 07 Escalade with the premium 22's. Just before leaving I needed new tires and opted for the Nitto NT420 in 285/45-22. I was initially concerned about performance in the snow due to the tread pattern. Let me tell you, this thing was a beast in the snow. Running in the passing lane on I-75 at 60mph with a few inches of unplowed snow was no problem. While there were many people in the ditch and spinning out in front of us, I felt perfectly safe the entire time. Mind you I do have 20 years of driving experience in the snow and winter weather. Once we reached our destination in northern michigan I was delighted to see that there was almost 4 feet of snow already on the ground and snow every single day. We were on back roads that were not plowed and the snow was deep enough that my front bumper essentially became the snow plow and still had ZERO issues with performance and handling in the snow. We were going up and down hills and through some curvy roads with no problems. I will say this, give yourself plenty of stopping room because the anti lock brakes are utterly useless if you need to stop quickly at all. If i lived in a cold weather environment I would run a smaller, narrower tire but from my own experience, I couldn't have been happier with how it handled the snow. You will need to use common sense as when driving any vehicle in snow but unless you are a total noob at driving, you should have full confidence in your AWD escalade as long as you have good tread on your tires.

k-shawn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Premium Blk Raven

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    You can go with the stock 22's, but they do not turn or stop good at all, it was all I could do to get up my driveway with the stock 22's, took 4 tries, pulled the truck on my lift and put my Blizzak's on, then it was like drive on wet roads, what a difference

----------

Even "REAL 4wd" is no better than all wheel drive with the locking rear like the Escalade's come with
    Had to throw your old snow setup on last week, what a big difference 22 to 18's in the snow. Thxs hcvone for the awesome deal.

DJHancock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

For winter, I had the factory Brigestones, but upgraded to Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1. So far so good. They handle great in rain, icy rain, and the snow. Winter in Chicago is putting these tires to the test.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.