2013 Escalade NAV Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2013 Escalade NAV Issues in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The NAV in my 2013 Escalade is only displaying the compass. At start up, I sometimes get "map data is ...
    Brewski13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac Escalade Premium

2013 Escalade NAV Issues

The NAV in my 2013 Escalade is only displaying the compass. At start up, I sometimes get "map data is invalid" message. Haven't had a chance to get to dealer yet. Anyone else had this issue? It was working fine one day, and the next it wasn't. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: 2013 Escalade NAV Issues

That what mine says when the disc is not in it.

The 2013's don't have a disc. I believe there is a flash drive or some type of drive behind the trim under the screen, but nothing in this area has been touch, so confused on why I am getting the error. Guessing the dealer will have to figure it out.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the dealer will probably have to order you a replacement nav unit ... if reprogramming it doesn't fix it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I missed the part about it being a 2013!!!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewski13 View Post
    The NAV in my 2013 Escalade is only displaying the compass. At start up, I sometimes get "map data is invalid" message. Haven't had a chance to get to dealer yet. Anyone else had this issue? It was working fine one day, and the next it wasn't. Thanks.
    Hello Brewski13,

I apologize that you are experiencing an issue with your Escalade’s NAV system. Please keep us updated when you have a chance to take your vehicle into the dealership. If you would like any assistance in setting up an appointment, please feel free to let me know and I can assist. You can reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Greg. I have an appointment set up next week. I will let you all know how it goes.

Thanks Greg. I have an appointment set up next week. I will let you all know how it goes.
    Hello Brewski13,

You are very welcome! I will be sure to be on the lookout for your future updates next week. I hope you have a great weekend!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Took my truck in for the NAV issue, and the dealer replaced the SD card for the NAV system. They said it was creating the issue. In the system, the SD cards were back-ordered until February, so they took one out of a 2014 they had on the lot so I could be on my way.

Wow, that's awesome!!! That's the customer service I think of when Cadillac comes to mind.

Took my truck in for the NAV issue, and the dealer replaced the SD card for the NAV system. They said it was creating the issue. In the system, the SD cards were back-ordered until February, so they took one out of a 2014 they had on the lot so I could be on my way.
    Hello Brewski13,

Thank you for updating us on your situation. I am glad your dealer was able to help resolve your NAV concern for you. I hope you are enjoying your Escalade! If additional questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us. Gregory and I are more than happy to assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i ordered a 2013 nav map sd card for a customer last week and just got it today... not sure why you were told it was on backorder, but good on your dealer for getting you satisfied asap

edit: ok, i just checked and i guess since my order last week the demand has gone way up and i must have ordered one of the last ones available

also, the backorder message i saw currently says mid-january for stock to become available
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.